Thread: Edelbrock carb.

Edelbrock carb.

The Daytona which has a Ford 302 has got an Edelbrock carb which I’m trying to identify and understand a bit more about. There is a number stamped on the front of the carb. on the offside which is: 1805 S 5193
    Summit have an Edelbrock 1805 described as an Edelbrock Thunder Series AVS Carb. If it’s this one it’s described as a 650cfm with vacuum secondaries. Can anyone confirm if it’s likely to be this one? I plan to take it to Northampton Motorsport to be put on the rolling road and be set up properly. Although they stock Holley jets they don’t stock Edelbrock, but it’s premature to know if any will need changing. Is there an agent in the U.K. who keeps them on the shelf if I do need them? Thanks chaps.
    Dek

I too am learning about these! There are plenty of needles and jets on eBay but as to what you want I have no idea!!! I think an 1805 is a 600 and what they term a performance carb with manual choke.
    I am waiting for a 1804 to come in to stock (I want a black one!) which is marketed as ‘economy’ but according to Peter Knight that is the best for a 302. These engine builders are like chefs though!! All have their preferred ingredients, so a rolling road tune is a good idea. Both can be made to work well I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    I too am learning about these! There are plenty of needles and jets on eBay but as to what you want I have no idea!!! I think an 1805 is a 600 and what they term a performance carb with manual choke.
    I am waiting for a 1804 to come in to stock (I want a black one!) which is marketed as ‘economy’ but according to Peter Knight that is the best for a 302. These engine builders are like chefs though!! All have their preferred ingredients, so a rolling road tune is a good idea. Both can be made to work well I understand.
    Thanks Chris. Since posting I found a contact email address for Edelbrock in the States but didn’t really expect a reply. Not only did I get one it was within minutes! They have confirmed it is indeed a Thunder Series AVS 650 cfm. They also sent a link to the tuning manual and stated RealSteel are their U.K. agents. Very helpful indeed. All the best.
    Dek

Amazing! Perhaps they can find me an 18043!!!! I would be interested to hear how you get on with the tuning. Not that I am going to be at that stage anytime soon!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Amazing! Perhaps they can find me an 18043!!!! I would be interested to hear how you get on with the tuning. Not that I am going to be at that stage anytime soon!!!!
    Will do Chris. Should have booked earlier with NMS. Can’t get me in until July! At the rate you’re going it should be finished by then!
    Dek