aluminium cobra body's in Devon.

As i myself live in Devon i was surprised to come across this company in Barnstaple North Devon,they are sheet metal magicians by the look of it!,they produce replica shelby cobra body's exactly and also other different car body's such as rollers,old type jags etc etc,their work looks fantastic,well worth a look at their site,they are called NORTH DEVON METAL COMPANY.

Not sure they will sell you a body though.

Andy

Been there, visited the factory but won't sell to Joe Public. You have to respect that Shelby American don't want their bodies being sold through other means but their own shop front. If I remember he had ali body stood up in the despatch bay but I'm sure he referred to it as Magnum body and would sell me that, it was 4 years ago and at the time he had an original CSX car in 're shelling it.

It was nice to see the chassis and original work though.

I know this company and they are very skilled panel makers, yes they won't sell a CSX chassis, it does seem strange however as SAI buy all the rolling chassis' from Kirkham now.
    Martin

They won't sell you a chassi, the one I seen was in for re body.

I think it would be worth me giving them a ring to see if i could arrange a viewing / showaround nothing to lose and could be very interesting.

Isn't it true that Kirkham sells to anybody, even including the supporting frame under the body?
    I had a offer quite a few years back from the German Kirkham representative - before the Kirkham/Shelby/Superformance alliance.

Could have changed thereafter...

Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    Isn't it true that Kirkham sells to anybody, even including the supporting frame under the body?
    I had a offer quite a few years back from the German Kirkham representative - before the Kirkham/Shelby/Superformance alliance.

Could have changed thereafter...
    I think the above posts are referring to NDM not Kirkham. You're right, Kirkham do sell direct, but they no longer have a UK/European representative after their relationship with Hawk Cars ended a year or so ago.

Paul