PDA

View Full Version : Anybody from South Wales on here??

Outcast
06-05-15, 04:00 PM
Is there, if so where are you?

cheers..Nige

russy16
06-05-15, 06:41 PM
Hi Nige
im over near Cardigan
your not alone !!

russ

lutman
07-05-15, 06:24 AM
Just two of you ???
Must be best kept secret then - all those superb "best drivers" roads that run through the middle

Lloyd Barnes
07-05-15, 07:04 AM
Hi Nigel,

Quite a few down in S Wales. Drop Kev Davies a PM, he's the area organiser still I I think. He has an email list of events that he can include you on. :-)

Outcast
07-05-15, 07:19 AM
Hi Nige
im over near Cardigan
your not alone !!

russ

Hi Russ, so I'm not alone then, I must admit I was beginning to wonder....
cheers..Nige

Outcast
07-05-15, 07:20 AM
Thanks Lloyd, I'll look him up
cheers...Nige

kdavies3
12-05-15, 09:42 AM
Hi Nige,
where are you based?
I'm near Cowbridge in the Vale of Glamorgan.
There are number of us scattered around our rather large patch.
Drop me a PM and I'll add you to my email list as Lloyd said.
We have a pretty quiet patch unfortunately most the up West Guys tend to stay up there.

petrolhead27
15-05-15, 08:28 PM
hi nige
and I'm in swansea

russy16
16-05-15, 05:29 AM
What has everyone got or building?
Im half way ish through an AK build

russ

Outcast
17-05-15, 12:05 PM
I'm in the process of cutting up a my Viper & doing away with those horrible front arches. Hopefully it'll be back on the road next week

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff121/evilzee28/miscellaneous/viper%20bodywork%20014_zps1uli7xfy.jpg (http://s238.photobucket.com/user/evilzee28/media/miscellaneous/viper%20bodywork%20014_zps1uli7xfy.jpg.html)

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff121/evilzee28/miscellaneous/viper%20bodywork%20018_zpsdrcdljoe.jpg (http://s238.photobucket.com/user/evilzee28/media/miscellaneous/viper%20bodywork%20018_zpsdrcdljoe.jpg.html)

cheers

Outcast
03-03-16, 04:52 AM
Well, the South Wales area seems to be pretty quiet, does anyone fancy meeting up at some point soon?? I've now got the Viper on the road and was wondering what other cars are in the South Wales area.

Here's one of the Viper, now transformed into a 289 Le Mans replica

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff121/evilzee28/miscellaneous/Viper%20299_zps3u1koo5f.jpg (http://s238.photobucket.com/user/evilzee28/media/miscellaneous/Viper%20299_zps3u1koo5f.jpg.html)

Post up some photo's and lets see what Cobras you've got. :-)

Cheers...Nige

keane
03-03-16, 09:13 AM
Hi guys, Dave in Poole, will be joining the Welsh contingent later on this year, probably Late summer, currently looking at houses not too far from Swansea where Son and family are, much more fore money there but do need room for the cob and bikes etc, look forward to getting together with everyone. Dave

Commando
03-03-16, 10:11 PM
Hi Guys , Tony here from Swansea in gods own country . Would love to meet all !

petrolhead27
03-03-16, 10:38 PM
hi Dave ,its Mike also from Swansea look forward to meeting up someday in the future

tonym
04-03-16, 03:57 AM
Hi Guys , Tony here from Swansea in gods own country . Would love to meet all !

They've moved Swansea into England now???? :-P:-P

keane
04-03-16, 06:56 AM
Thanks Mike, look forward to it.

SteveT
21-02-21, 08:33 PM
I'm in Mid Wales

conrod
22-02-21, 01:08 PM
Well that's at least one new addition to the Welsh Cobra community in the last five years then! ;) :D

kdavies3
22-02-21, 03:20 PM
Alan bugger off and play with your BMW if you have now't constructive to say. LOL! :rolleyes:
Yes Steve, there are a few of us about.

conrod
22-02-21, 05:02 PM
Couldn't resist it Kev! ;)

Joking aside, I spent a very enjoyable couple of days touring Wales last September with an overnight stay in Aberystwyth - as a bonus, I even got a suntan! Having recently binge-watched all the Hinterland episodes, I can't wait to go back and see more of that area. I'd also like to head for the Pembrokehsire coast and the Gower - especially as my Dax is now out that way. So be careful mate - I might just drop in for a cuppa on my way back!

philbrad73
22-02-21, 06:51 PM
There are cobra owners in South Wales! I've seen "Twin Town" 😉

conrod
22-02-21, 10:09 PM
Blimey - that's a blast from the past! :D

kdavies3
23-02-21, 09:11 AM
Always welcome Alan.
Ha Ha! Twin Town.
"It's an AC Fucking Cobra" as it tears up the rugby field.
We have many stunning roads in Wales but don't tell anyone.

conrod
23-02-21, 09:36 AM
Mum's the word Kev!

BTW SteveT - welcome to the forum, and a sample of some typical forum banter. If you post some photos of your Viper I'll look out for you on my next Welsh run. If you get a big wave and a flash from an oncoming BMW Z4, that'll be me. ;)

aaronjb
23-02-21, 10:19 AM
We have many stunning roads in Wales but don't tell anyone.

A lot of furry bollards (sheep) and police, though :(

kdavies3
23-02-21, 12:30 PM
Tell me about the woolly bollards.
I clattered one on the Hirwaen Mountain road in my first Dax.
£11000 later.
Insurance of course.
I didn't even get the road kill.

aaronjb
23-02-21, 12:39 PM
£11k! That's one expensive sheep!

A friend has a story of driving his targa-topped MR2 with the roof panels out through Wales.. and finding a sheep suddenly occupying the passenger seat after it jumped out of a field :lol: Fortunately my only run-ins with sheep have been looking at them from a distance, and my only experience of the fuzz (pardon the pun) was when one of our group put their Elise in a hedge (and narrowly avoided a long drop into said field of sheep!)..

philbrad73
23-02-21, 01:36 PM
I saw what damage an escaped horse did to an army Landrover, made a mess of the front end.

Rob P
23-02-21, 01:53 PM
Hi All

I am also in Swansea. Just waiting for the lockdown restrictions to be lifted so I can test drive my AK now I have installed a FiTech EFI Go Street. All set up and appears to be working well but I need to take it out for long drive.

Hopefully, will see some of you around when the whether is better and the restrictions are lifted.

Rob

Rob

Daryn Smith
23-02-21, 02:14 PM
Hi All

I am also in Swansea. Just waiting for the lockdown restrictions to be lifted so I can test drive my AK now I have installed a FiTech EFI Go Street. All set up and appears to be working well but I need to take it out for long drive.

Hopefully, will see some of you around when the whether is better and the restrictions are lifted.

Rob

Rob

Have you played with the system through the hand held yet?

Rob P
23-02-21, 02:35 PM
Have you played with the system through the hand held yet?

Only to set the initial engine set up. I had a little trouble getting the IAC to be within the 3-10 range at idle, but with some help from the tech guys at FiTech this is now sorted. Just a matter of sorting one vacuum leak and a couple of tweaks and all OK.

She starts first time and has a steady idle.

Fingers crossed it will all be fine once I get it out on the open road, I will keep you up dated.

Rob

conrod
23-02-21, 02:39 PM
Now I know we're supposed to keep the great Welsh roads a secret Kev, but is that the A4059 Rhigos Road from Hirwaun up to the Beacons? If so, it's a fantastic road. I stopped for lunch at the Red Lion in Penderyn - great beer, great food, fantastic hand sanitiser (made at the distillery - I had to buy a souvenir bottle just for the smell!), and even a Cobra in the car park! Bliss!!!

Tell me about the woolly bollards.
I clattered one on the Hirwaen Mountain road in my first Dax.
£11000 later.
Insurance of course.
I didn't even get the road kill.

Rob P
23-02-21, 02:58 PM
Now I know we're supposed to keep the great Welsh roads a secret Kev, but is that the A4059 Rhigos Road from Hirwaun up to the Beacons? If so, it's a fantastic road. I stopped for lunch at the Red Lion in Penderyn - great beer, great food, fantastic hand sanitiser (made at the distillery - I had to buy a souvenir bottle just for the smell!), and even a Cobra in the car park! Bliss!!!

I was able to get out last September and took a drive up the A4069. Lovely drive and scenery.

Rob

Daryn Smith
24-02-21, 07:50 AM
Only to set the initial engine set up. I had a little trouble getting the IAC to be within the 3-10 range at idle, but with some help from the tech guys at FiTech this is now sorted. Just a matter of sorting one vacuum leak and a couple of tweaks and all OK.

She starts first time and has a steady idle.

Fingers crossed it will all be fine once I get it out on the open road, I will keep you up dated.

Rob

I love mine had it fitted 3 years now and it fires off the button after standing for 12 months even when freezing cold. Get great MPG also.

Rob P
24-02-21, 09:15 AM
I love mine had it fitted 3 years now and it fires off the button after standing for 12 months even when freezing cold. Get great MPG also.

One of the reasons I converted to the FiTech was the hope of a little more MPG, mainly on motorway driving as I intend to take my AK to France once the Covid restrictions are lifted. I appreciate that having a large V8 engine you don't expect to get good MPG, however a little bit more always helps.

Not exactly sure what the MPG was before, but before I changed my distributor to a 123Ignition it was about 13 to 14 mpg. I could never get the vacuum advance to work on the old Lucas distributor when connected to the Edelbrock carb. However, once I fitted the 123Ignition I was able to set the timing curve and the vacuum advance. This appeared to improve the MPG. I am hoping the Fitech will give me a little more.

Once I can get out on the road I will let you know if it has improved the MPG and how to is performing.

Regards

Rob

kdavies3
24-02-21, 09:20 AM
Alan,
funny that Sandra and I had lunch in the Red Lion, in the summer between lock downs.
Great pub and food.

Rob,
My Mustang had amazing economy with the FI Tech system on it.
Managed over 30mpg on the run to Silverstone.

Rob P
24-02-21, 09:28 AM
Kev,

If I could get that I would be a very happy man! I would have more money to spend on the lovely French food and wine!

KugaWestie
24-02-21, 02:53 PM
One of the reasons I converted to the FiTech was the hope of a little more MPG, mainly on motorway driving as I intend to take my AK to France once the Covid restrictions are lifted. I appreciate that having a large V8 engine you don't expect to get good MPG, however a little bit more always helps.

Not exactly sure what the MPG was before, but before I changed my distributor to a 123Ignition it was about 13 to 14 mpg. I could never get the vacuum advance to work on the old Lucas distributor when connected to the Edelbrock carb. However, once I fitted the 123Ignition I was able to set the timing curve and the vacuum advance. This appeared to improve the MPG. I am hoping the Fitech will give me a little more.

Once I can get out on the road I will let you know if it has improved the MPG and how to is performing.

Regards

Rob

Have you got any information for the 123 that you can share regarding timing curve and vacuum advance? I have a 123 and a fitech on my build but have not played with the 123 curves yet. The engine is running

Rob P
24-02-21, 04:06 PM
Have you got any information for the 123 that you can share regarding timing curve and vacuum advance? I have a 123 and a fitech on my build but have not played with the 123 curves yet. The engine is running

Hi. this is the curve (three screen shots of the file on the 123) I am currently using. It seems to work OK, but until I can get the car out on the road for a full test drive I cannot say for certain if it will be OK. That said it worked fine with my Edelbrock carb when I took it out in September. So it should work with the FiTech as the vacuum should not really alter.

Please note that this is on a Rover 4.6l V8 with stage 3 heads and an MC1 cam, so you may have to tweak it to suit your engine. Finally, the vacuum line to the distributor is from the manifold vacuum port on the FiTech not the ported vacuum.

Hope this helps.

Rob

KugaWestie
24-02-21, 08:21 PM
Hi. this is the curve (three screen shots of the file on the 123) I am currently using. It seems to work OK, but until I can get the car out on the road for a full test drive I cannot say for certain if it will be OK. That said it worked fine with my Edelbrock carb when I took it out in September. So it should work with the FiTech as the vacuum should not really alter.

Please note that this is on a Rover 4.6l V8 with stage 3 heads and an MC1 cam, so you may have to tweak it to suit your engine. Finally, the vacuum line to the distributor is from the manifold vacuum port on the FiTech not the ported vacuum.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Thank you Rob

chrisy
15-03-21, 10:17 AM
High new to the Club I'm in the Vale of Glam

kdavies3
15-03-21, 12:14 PM
Hi and welcome Chrisy.
I'm near Cowbridge.

SteveT
29-03-21, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=aaronjb;604841]£11k! That's one expensive sheep!

A friend has a story of driving his targa-topped MR2 with the roof panels out through Wales.. and finding a sheep suddenly occupying the passenger seat after it jumped out of a field :lol:

Bit like Ron Jones meeting two men on Clapham Common for a meal ;-)

kdavies3
30-03-21, 09:10 AM
Ha Ha!
Where's the like button when you need it?

ChunkyMunky1964
01-04-21, 01:43 PM
Another invader who moved to Wales, the sheep are much sexier here :)

Moved to Milford Haven 18 months back - more South West but it counts.