PDA

View Full Version : IVA Application

johnnyoz
25-01-21, 03:34 PM
Hi,So I download the forms and fill them in,then find that the final form tells me to send the IVA form electronically.This a PDF.The Amateur built form,which is accompianied by receipts and pics is a Word document and this tells me to post it.I tried the helpline at DVSA,but the person I spoke to had no idea.Should I just post the lot?
This may not make sense as my brain is fried.
All the best, John

Chimeara
25-01-21, 06:48 PM
I always post them but you can send it all electronically if you wish.

pevans
25-01-21, 08:42 PM
I did mine last year and sent everything in the post (and kept a copy of everything I sent !).

johnnyoz
26-01-21, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the replies.I decided to send all by post.Sending today,so fingers crossed!
John

kdavies3
26-01-21, 11:40 AM
Did my last two online.
Biggest problem is controlling the PDF file sizes.

johnnyoz
26-01-21, 12:18 PM
I had problems with the amateur built form required photos

johnnyoz
29-01-21, 08:36 AM
Posted it two days ago.Got confirmation email today.So now I just wait

TurboFreak
07-04-21, 08:26 AM
I have had same sort of issues with IVA application.
First application rejected and I had to obtain some early build photos from guy I bought the unfinished project from.
Posted second application about 3 weeks ago, confirmation it was received after 2 days.... then nothing?
How long did you have to wait until they contacted you for payment and IVA test date?

kdavies3
07-04-21, 08:46 AM
Pop them an email at
IVAappointments@DVSA.gov.uk

DVLA in Swansea are currently taking strike action.
Not sure if that has a knock on to DVSA?

Last chap I spoke to was working from home and was very helpful.

TurboFreak
08-04-21, 11:44 PM
Pop them an email at
IVAappointments@DVSA.gov.uk

DVLA in Swansea are currently taking strike action.
Not sure if that has a knock on to DVSA?

Last chap I spoke to was working from home and was very helpful.

Thanks, have sent email, my application was actual confirmed as received 4 weeks ago?

johnnyoz
11-04-21, 08:32 AM
A bit of a late reply.There is a number on your confirmation,call it and arrange the test

TurboFreak
12-04-21, 11:25 AM
A bit of a late reply.There is a number on your confirmation,call it and arrange the test

I can't locate where the reply was stored? However found earlier reply and later rejection for first application but no phone numbers on either email?

KugaWestie
12-04-21, 12:26 PM
I can't locate where the reply was stored? However found earlier reply and later rejection for first application but no phone numbers on either email?

0300 123 9000

TurboFreak
14-04-21, 11:49 AM
0300 123 9000
Yes, got that same number from DVLA website.

Chased today and it was confirmed application received 10th March (2nd application with extra photos as requested)

Advised application was on hold and being assessed by technical engineer? However that engineer could not be contacted.

DVLA website state they should respond with date for test (and payment) within 20 days... it's over a month and I have no idea what the problem is?

Concerned getting a IVA test booked is so much hassle, let alone passing it.

TurboFreak
23-04-21, 02:11 PM
Update.... after chasing again it appears there is a glitch in DVLA system and some emails sent do not get received, so if you applied and haven't heard in a few days chase them.
Finally got test date, 5th May :grin:
My first choice was Guildford... but not open. 2nd choice Southampton... they don't have equipment to test Cobra kit car?
So now it's Gillingham, Kent... and for IVA tests car has to be with them before 8am :eek: so need to leave my house about 5:30 and collect car and trailer which will be loaded evening before.

KevinW
23-04-21, 02:20 PM
Update.... after chasing again it appears there is a glitch in DVLA system and some emails sent do not get received, so if you applied and haven't heard in a few days chase them.
Finally got test date, 5th May :grin:
My first choice was Guildford... but not open. 2nd choice Southampton... they don't have equipment to test Cobra kit car?
So now it's Gillingham, Kent... and for IVA tests car has to be with them before 8am :eek: so need to leave my house about 5:30 and collect car and trailer which will be loaded evening before.

Pretty sure you can't do any kit car IVAs at Guildford, if not that's where I'd have gone.
As it took me 3 goes to get a pass at Gillingham, happy to pop over for once over if that's useful, when ya ready.
Don't know what's wrong with Southampton as they have certainly done a fair few cobras.
Where about's are you? I'm RH20.

Oh....and don;t arrive late - we were 10-15 mins late (long story with motorway issues and a clash with the FoS) and it def did not help my case.

TurboFreak
24-04-21, 01:08 AM
Pretty sure you can't do any kit car IVAs at Guildford, if not that's where I'd have gone.
As it took me 3 goes to get a pass at Gillingham, happy to pop over for once over if that's useful, when ya ready.
Don't know what's wrong with Southampton as they have certainly done a fair few cobras.
Where about's are you? I'm RH20.

Oh....and don;t arrive late - we were 10-15 mins late (long story with motorway issues and a clash with the FoS) and it def did not help my case.

I'm in RH16 3NF, Haywards Heath.

I did contact Pilgrim as there only 20 minute drive from here, but couldn't do IVA pre inspection until June.

Today I removed exhaust heat shields and bumper rear bars as they may have slightly impeded the rear combination fog/reverse lamp.

I also think speedo was reading about 10% under so have removed ready to send to Speedycables in Swansea for calibration, unless anyone knows someone in Sussex I could take it to?

Already removed any AC Cobra badges, fitted the Sierra steering wheel, seats are bucket high back type to support head, stuck on plastic rear view mirror etc etc.:rolleyes:

Only after it passes IVA can I complete the build... wooden wheel, sun visors, wind wings, proper seats, chrome dash mounted mirror etc.

If you are over this way in next few days would always appreciate an opinion if something might fail IVA, I do understand how difficult it is to pass first attempt.

TurboFreak
24-04-21, 01:12 AM
Attempting to upload photo...

KevinW
24-04-21, 09:17 AM
Well, just let me know. My boy's current G/F lives same place as you, happy to pop up.
I'm getting ready for DriveIt Day tomorrow, and out doing DriveIt in Ashurst tomo.
Can pop up one day next week? PM me your address.

aaronjb
25-04-21, 02:25 PM
My boy's current G/F lives same place as you

Suddenly I feel like my build has dragged on a little...

...will I still be building by the time he moves out, gets married, and has kids of his own!?

KevinW
25-04-21, 03:34 PM
Suddenly I feel like my build has dragged on a little...

...will I still be building by the time he moves out, gets married, and has kids of his own!?

Yes, he's now taller than both of us...... I miss that little boy.
He's told me he is planning for children for age 25 ('not waiting around like you did, Dad'), so there you have it - 7 more years, the clock is counting!