MOT - Coming of age

Well I'm a happy bunny this morning even though summer seems to have gone away for the moment.

I've just got back from my Sumo's 21st MOT which happily it passed with flying colours, not even one advisory!

Means all that hard work over the winter sorting bushes, brakes and suspension ball joints has been worth it.

Congrats.
    My Sumo will be going for its 19th later in the year.
    Hopefully fly through like last year.

Stu

Yay another MOT this morning just in time for the sunny weekend. Straight through with no advisories

lol, just had mine today to passed with flying colors, no advisories either

Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Quote Originally Posted by nealgs View Post
    lol, just had mine today to passed with flying colors, no advisories either

Gary
    Nice sunny day too

I was just looking to post as I've been off for another MOT today and found this old thread I started back in 2013. Well another year and another MOT

Passed again - with no advisories. I've been taking my car to the same place for around 20 years as the testers there have known older cars well for all the time I've been going. Anyway some new staff this year - oh dear!

The tester was prodding around the car with his checklist looking for ABS, power steering, sensors and the usual array of lights on the dashboard amongst others and wouldn't take my word for the fact the car wasn't fitted with any of those modern gizmos even though the car is on it's original 1978 registration plate! In the end he fetched an older colleague to come and help him, then everything got sorted.

He was surprised when the handbrake worked so well the car jumped out of the rollers when he pulled it on to test it.

So another year's MOT done and I put through the tax online when I got home - for free

Let's hope these lockdowns stay away this summer and we can put some decent miles on our cars

That's exactly why I take mine to the same place each year, they have done my cars for years and although they don't do cheap mot's it's worth paying the extra as they do let me fix minor stuff there and then using their ramps, they also realise that there's no point looking for modern gadgets on any of my cars!
    Last edited by rpm015; 28-03-21 at 02:55 PM.

I take it to the same place each year. They are into classic cars and spend there time looking over the whole car.

Having taken my tin top to a normal garage for tyre changes i find the level of detail even changing tyres varies !

F1 autocentres tyre change, set pressures wrong, and over torqued my wheel nuts. Lucky I found out as I would never of got the wheel off at the side of the road. They did a free alignment check which found one was boarder line and they asked if I wanted it bring inline £75 to adjust !

Halfords tyre change. Home tyre change was a great experience. He did every thing by the book ask me tyre pressure settings for weight and used a torque wrench on the wheel nuts. He took his time and did a good job. Plus you don't need to sit waiting around. So a big tick for Halfords remote tyre services at no extra cost.
    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Mot passed today, the brake lights and washers weren't working for some reason so fixed them by cleaning the connections whilst he checked the headlights, then it was running a bit rich so borrowed a screwdriver and leaned it down a bit resulting in a pass,... that's the advantage of knowing your local garage

The local garage that I use for mot's works the same, they do a straight forward mot
    at a standard price with no frills.
    I take my SR there because they understand these sort of cars which is becoming more
    rare .
    They also do my ordinary cars and don't mess me about with stupid things, I will give an example
    of something stupid and embarrassing that I did with my daughters Eco sport Fiesta.
    I did a service on it and checked everything over as I thought, one thing that I didn't physically
    check due to daughter mentioned that she had checked the Windsceen washers .
    On that note I was quite satisfied and proceeded to mot station, I checked the screen washers,
    front and rear, you guest it, they worked fine .
    When it got on the ramp the tester said there was no screen wash, It gave them a laugh because
    I said it was fine two minutes ago .
    The thing is he just put some water in and was give a pass with no advisories.
    I was most grateful for his understanding but he did have a laugh at my expense.
    Next time I will do a physical check on washer bottle !
    Chris.