Anyone remember this one!

The Sammio spider was quite a decent individual looking kitcar, a little bit cobra'esque, based on a Triumph Herald/vitesse chassis and running gear, i was talking to a very entusiastic chap at the last Supercar meet in Preston, who is resurrecting the car as Ribble Kits and Classics and is based in Leyland, the car will still use a triumph chassis so no IVA is required, great for a few people that say there are not any cheap kits anymore!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-N2Gl5_teSI...0/100_2812.JPG

Pilot

Pretty little thing this I remember it from years ago.......

A great price point too, brilliant to hear this sort of development is taking place

John

That's really nice I recon that will be quite popular . Do u know how much it's going to be.? Are there still enough doner cars about for them ?

Nice little number, but I suspect Spits and Heralds are getting a bit thin on the ground now.

that car looks fun - i like it.
    i saw a very rough old one at the exeter show 2-3 years ago, complete with picnc chairs for driver and passenger.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by cobracol View Post
    The Sammio spider was quite a decent individual looking kitcar, a little bit cobra'esque, based on a Triumph Herald/vitesse chassis and running gear, i was talking to a very entusiastic chap at the last Supercar meet in Preston, who is resurrecting the car as Ribble Kits and Classics and is based in Leyland, the car will still use a triumph chassis so no IVA is required, great for a few people that say there are not any cheap kits anymore!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-N2Gl5_teSI...0/100_2812.JPG

Pilot
    Thats really pretty isnt it?
    I would imagine turning up for an MOT with one and saying 'its a Triumph Herald Mister' will be the start of all manner of woes though; surely the changes are substantial enough to require IVA?
    Looks lovely though; always been a sucker for red cars!!!
    Regards Steve

Crendon #22

452cu FE with top loader

Dont know what the cost will be, as that wasnt discussed, he seemed very confident about the supply of parts, not sure if Rimmer have chassis for sale, one on fleabay for anyone interested: TRIUMPH HERALD ROLLING CHASSIS | eBay, still seems to be plenty of old heralds about, IVA not required as it uses the original unmodified chassis, same reason some of the old style wedding cars get away with it by using a FX4 chassis, even though some of them are modified (made longer)