Page 307 of 336 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 3351
    I'm contemplating making exhausts at the moment, so I made a jig for the bandsaw for cutting up bent pipe.

P1040203.JPG
    Cheers

Myles D-W

I can't see in the picture, but did you install a balance tube between the right and left boots? I did on mine. Some sort of stiff plastic tubing, possibly Teflon. I think it's so when one boot expands, it can pull air from the other side instead of pulling air around the tie-rod end shaft, possibly allowing water and dirt in.
    ...and because I'm curious, those "originals" on the right in the picture, look new. Did you buy both original and generic?

The originals are brand new yes, I was given them by the previous owner as he knew they would need changing soon. I will hold on to them for a bit in case the new ones don't turn out to be substantial enough. There was no tube between the boots but each boot has a little breather tube that i thought was best pointed downwards and away from the direction of travel. It only has a pinhole size hole at its base so unlikely it would take in any debris.
    Last edited by bigkev38; 09-02-20 at 06:20 PM.
    Dax MK4, RV8

Better to try, and fail....than to fail to try.

Bonded the body to the chassis really happy. Dax Gulf Colours. Collecting a Chevy 350 that I’m planning on stroking to 383.

Still waiting for some parts before I can get the front suspension back in the car, so thought I'd make a start on the rear end. The rear valance curved upwards not downwards as it should, and this has been bothering me now for some time, so I figured lets get the valance done instead.
    Ages ago I laid some fibreglass over the rear valance of my Sebring to get the basic curve needed. As this was a one off, it didn't really make sense to make a mould as I'd need to fill the join anyway. The valance was screwed into place and measured to make sure everything was where it should be

The rear valance was then cut away. Two layers of fibreglass was then applied to the car and the valance screwed into place. The two layers of fibreglass will bond the valance to the car

Once cured over night, the screws were removed and another two layers of fibreglass was laid over the top, thereby filling the holes and sandwiching the valance to the car, making it very strong

Once cured it was time to fill and shape it all. The area to the right of the boot never followed the boot profile, so I repaired that at the same time

All ready for primer now.

I've also had a pair of Spiyda L542 LED tail lights for ages, so I offered up one of the lenses to see how it would look.

To be honest, I can't say I'm a big fan of the look. I know it's original, but a good friend of mine, when I was doing something to the car because it would make it look a bit more original said " Nigel, tell me, which part of your car is original" which I couldn't answer as my car is miles away from looking original. Having thought about this for some time, I've decided to keep the round L488 lights as I really like them aesthetically. If you look at the first photo, you'll see the lights are mounted on flat plinths, both of which were differing size and shape. I've now reshaped that so the plinths have gone, and the tail lights now sit on a much smaller surface.

The rear still needs a little fettling, but it's almost there now, next is to fit some coves into the rear 1/4 panels

Nige

Well after building my car 17 years or so ago and letting too much air out of the adjustable gas strut’s on the bonnet having to then put them on the boot as they just about worked on that. I have now fitted a new pair of gas struts to the bonnet, putting the old ones on the boot finally getting rid of the pair that were too weak to work properly. Should of done this years ago but so much better now, no longer having the boot lid come down on my head.
    A couple more jobs in the pipe line to finish off due to the current situation.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

I’ve done the same Martin. Took my boot struts off because like you fed up of resting the boot lid on my head and sent them to SGS Engineering for re-gassing. Only going to be £30-35 for the pair so much cheaper than replacing. We’ll see how they turn out.
    Dek

Cool

Spent a couple of hours giving Maisie paintwork a coat of Ceramic finish
    Oooooh shiny!
    CHRIS C - Maisie (DB No 46 )

Checked her over for MOT. Smoke coming out of the wiper motor is a bad thing isn't it lol

Quote Originally Posted by stu e View Post
    Checked her over for MOT. Smoke coming out of the wiper motor is a bad thing isn't it lol

Save the smoke for the exhausts

Quote Originally Posted by stu e View Post

Did you use the correct polarity smoke?

Steve Brown

CRC Regional Rep - East Anglia