Page 315 of 325 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 3250
    I printed one for my dash, worked well, my not be as difficult as you think to get something bespoke.

That's what I was referring to, not all have ventured into 3D printing yet, so if those who have. I'm sure others would cover your costs plus 🍺.

Will try to remember to do a pic tomorrow. Was a bit tricky to make! I’m sure 3D printing would be easier for some but not me!
    Major distraction here at the moment. The GT40 engine is back from the machine shop!! Engine building to be done

Quote Originally Posted by philbrad73 View Post
    That's what I was referring to, not all have ventured into 3D printing yet, so if those who have. I'm sure others would cover your costs plus .
    Well I can easily make the one I did to fit the Lucas stalk, its a bit more difficult if you don't have the stuff in front of you to take measurements but I would certainly be up for investigating the options for CADing something else for someone else. Its easy to get it 3D printed, you can send the model off to a shop for that, the most difficult thing is the CAD model.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Will try to remember to do a pic tomorrow. Was a bit tricky to make! I’m sure 3D printing would be easier for some but not me!
    Major distraction here at the moment. The GT40 engine is back from the machine shop!! Engine building to be done
    I saw that in the other thread, looking forward to seeing that take shape.

OK, here are a couple of pics. Not perfect but better than it was. When I added the removable steering wheel I lengthened the column a bit so part of the tidying up of the cowl was also to hide the extended column too. Much better driving position and the removable wheel is so much better for access and security.
    The cowl cover is basically an aluminium box covered in leather.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

Thanks for the pics Chris, looks good ! I hadn’t thought of that sort of shape. My issue is that I’ve got 3 stalks mounted on the column - lights, indicators and wipers. I’ll put some thought in to it. Cheers, David
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter29 View Post
    got 3 stalks mounted on the column - lights, indicators and wipers. Cheers, David
    Make it in grp then Paint it

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter29 View Post
    Thanks for the pics Chris, looks good ! I hadn’t thought of that sort of shape. My issue is that I’ve got 3 stalks mounted on the column - lights, indicators and wipers. I’ll put some thought in to it. Cheers, David
    I also have three stalks but after a chat with 427 Hardtops i have a solution which I am now incorporating into my Dax. All the stalks except the indicator are going and being transferred to the dashboard. The indicator stalk I am using is an old VW Beetle affair with no flash capability. The flash is incorporated into a four position rotary Lucas style switch with a momentary push button feature which will give me sides, normal and full with push button flash.
    Back to the indicator, Mountney do a boss for the VW Beetle which should, (it hasn't arrived yet) mate perfectly up to the VW indicator stalk assembly which is cowled in its design. With the stalk assembly painted black and black boss it should look very period and acceptable. I just hope my steering wheel which is a Mota Lita will fit. If it doesn't then I will have to replace that too.
    The rest of the switches are flick switched and another rotary/momentary push Lucas style switch for the windscreen washer/wiper, so the dashboard will pretty much emulate the original.
    The brake warning light test will be a momentary micro-push switch situated to the lower right of the steering wheel where it can't really be seen. The hazard lights are an illuminated bespoke item situated in the dashboard and the horn is the same style push switch as the hazards but a momentary switch.
    The exact layout of the dashboard is 90% designed, I just have to find a place for the warning lights but that will come as the project progresses. The battery light will be just above the ignition switch to the right of the steering wheel.
    Hope this helps.
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Wessex region caretaker rep.

David - I'd love a link to the Lucas rotary headlight switch with the push-button for flash, if you have it?
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club