Page 324 of 325 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325 LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 3250
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    The Jag tyres on my build wheels are cracked so badly that I'm honestly a little afraid every time I put air in them (which is every time I need to move the car, because they leak like a sieve)!

Must replace the tyres on the trailer before they are the same way .. you know, once I take the FE out of it..

Had a similar thing on a wheelbarrow a few years ago, pumped the tyre up after a winter of being flat, few minutes later there was a bang which sounded like a rifle going off, took me a while to realise it was the 'barrow tyre.

That's what terrifies me every time I do the Cobra .. I know it's not a truck tyre, but videos of those going bang during inflation are eye opening! I'd hate to take out a chunk of bodywork.. or a leg, but also don't want to buy 4x 16" tyres just to roll around on
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Rotated the back end down slightly to give a better side profile
    Now the wheels sit a little better in the arch

Had a quick look to see if the space saver wheel will fit – it does.
    So next week is grp flooring the boot space for a spare wheel

Drove back from AH after new sump,new timing chain cover, new front oil seal, oil and filter change, new fuel filter, new fuel hose, ,new drive shaft UJ , and general service .
    Thanks Ant ( your assistance was invaluable!)
    CHRIS C - Maisie (DB No 46 )

Not the best of pictures but I have finished ducting the radiator air intake, I don't think there will be much escaping!

Continued getting nowhere trying to tune my 302 with it's Speedmaster 8 Stack EFI, and FAST XFI control. Running Alpha N due to low MAP.
    It's really doing my head now, I've already postponed my IVA 3 times because of it.
    I'm beginning to wish I'd stuck with an old fashioned carb.
    Anyone got a decent 302 inlet and Carb laying around?
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

I've got an old Holley 650 (mech secondary) laying around if it's any use? Might well need a rebuild but did run a few* years ago

*like, er .. a decade now.
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by kdavies3 View Post
    Continued getting nowhere trying to tune my 302 with it's Speedmaster 8 Stack EFI, and FAST XFI control. Running Alpha N due to low MAP.
    It's really doing my head now, I've already postponed my IVA 3 times because of it.
    I'm beginning to wish I'd stuck with an old fashioned carb.
    Anyone got a decent 302 inlet and Carb laying around?
    Kev, yes, I have the Weiand that was on the 302 with the GT40. Single plane but might be of use. I also do have the old Holley 650. It would need a full rebuild and is missing the jets ('cos I used those for oil restrictors in the FE!!!)
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

Trial fitted my new radiator today. Seems to be ok. Worked out a new route for the coolant pipes so that they don’t hit every speed bump on the planet and ordered the new bends and required reducers.
    Greased and adjusted front wheel bearings. Fitted new grease nipples to the rear lower wishbones and serviced.
    Just waiting for my new suspension now. Don't think I’ll be on the road for our first meet next weekend though.

I could well be interested in one of those carbs for my SBC-350. Running a 600 vac sec at the moment, but could do with going slightly bigger, but not too big so as to drown the poor thing in fuel. Already have a 650 in bits, not sure if it complete but suitable for spares for something I do buy.
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Wessex region caretaker rep.

First good run out this year of about 100 miles. Good run but also got my first soaking of the year as we went through a shower or two. Never have got used to wiping the inside of the windscreen and my glasses when is lashes it down and now have a wet right leg.

Oh well. Big smile makes it all worth while.
    Lee
    Chairman UKCC

DAX De Dion, 400 BHP 6.0 LS2, French Racing Blue
    GD427 mk3, 325BHP 5.0 RV8, Blue - SOLD