Page 4 of 336 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Ordered a handbrake cable, shims, grease and oil. Now have all the bits to build the back end once I get my Diff back from Russell!
    Bob
    AK GenII arrived 1st April
    Let the cursing begin.........

Got all my rivets and adhesive ready for the body to go on the dax de-dion chassis,then i can really get going on the build........can't wait

Dreamed about her, on stands in the garage, with her little heater keeping warm, all tucked up for the winter.

Loads to do this summer, then Goodwood and the strip

cheers Clive
    On On

Not on the Cobra but ordered a nice new double garage for it to live in, cant wait for all that room!!

Cheers
    Stu

Crendon no. 51, 390 FE with too many build options and toploader gearbox.

Took it out to check brakes etc and noticed when i got back some steam/smoke from underneath, thought it was enamel harding on manifolds but noticed a dark coloured drip from one cat :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Almost a heart attack later when under the pit, the exhausts where they ran under the chassis were heating the chassis up and guess who had the bright idea of putting loads of waxoyl down the chassis legs .
    Bottom line waxoyl dripping from a few unused rivnuts either side onto cat then with the heat turning black and dripping. Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww not oil in the exhaust then as the first flash that crossed my mind was.

I guess I might of emptied way to much waxoyl into the chassis, hey ho it will drip out when heated, just need to keep wiping under the car for a while to it settles
    the Build
    GD Mk4, LS6, T56 6 speed box, 400bhp +.

http://robscobra.blogspot.com/

If what I say can be taken in 2 ways and one of those gets you angry....I meant it the other way

Would people like to see pics of all the changes we've made or wait until Stoneleigh next year?...

Not got my AK kit yet but due in two weeks time. I had thought about filling the voids with waxoyl and I asked Jon at AK about this point and he advised me not to do it. This due to similar experience to Cobra Rob but also flicked onto brakes so it can be very dangerous
    Cheers
    AKCharlie

I just looked at the sorry state of mine as I got it filthy yesterday picking it up from the painters! Had some touch up work done where a lorry threw a brick at it on the local dual carriageway. Hopefully it'll be a nice day tomorrow so I can get it cleaned (after a quick trundle round!)

Andy
    AK 427, LS 3 power with a Tremec box. In blue with a white stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by AKCharlie View Post
    Not got my AK kit yet but due in two weeks time. I had thought about filling the voids with waxoyl and I asked Jon at AK about this point and he advised me not to do it. This due to similar experience to Cobra Rob but also flicked onto brakes so it can be very dangerous
    Cheers
    AKCharlie
    Its only going to effect an area above the exhausts and I did load plenty in. Quite corrrect though it could flick back to the rear disks and I had to clean under my car a bit today. A few warm ups and short drives and a wipe should get rid of most of the surplus plus handy enough to pop a couple of bolts into the rivnuts where I noticed mine coming out and then I can watch for any other places and just plug them up hopefully. I'd Rather have inside the chassis protected.
    the Build
    GD Mk4, LS6, T56 6 speed box, 400bhp +.

http://robscobra.blogspot.com/

If what I say can be taken in 2 ways and one of those gets you angry....I meant it the other way

Sold it!
    Austin
    AK - 400ci SBC

Page 4 of 336 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast