Page 51 of 325 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Picked daughter up from work at 2100. As the weather was warm I had shorts on. Had forgotten how hot the #@;¥ing sidepipes get.

Andy

I did visit the Open Day at Dax Benelux in Meer (Belgium). You may find some pictures overhere :http://tinyurl.com/nq2tjpm
    Kind regards,

Rocco Jansen

Saier Cobra - Pilgrim Sumo MK3 - Dax IRS - Dax DeDion

Quote Originally Posted by corn plaster View Post
    Picked daughter up from work at 2100. As the weather was warm I had shorts on. Had forgotten how hot the #@;¥ing sidepipes get.

Andy
    Ooops

I have some spare Acoustafil here if you want to re-pack your exhausts...
    Robin.

No longer hard-topped, but still relatively soft-centred...

Well, I'd hoped to have picked up my car today, but some unexpected delays in sourcing some period hoses, have put paid to that and the car remains beached without motive power, so I went over to see the car anyway.

I've had my car for 4 months now and am genuinely delighted with it, but wanted to give it a more period look and feel. The first phase of this work is around the engine bay and I've sourced some great parts from the excellent Nick Acton over in the 'states, but while I'm waiting for them to arrive, I've had my pin drive wheels painted in matt black and have attended to the ride height, as the car wasn't sitting quite right.

While I was at it, I've removed the side pipes and had them re finished in matt black to match the wheels and they're awaiting to be re-fitted.

I wasn't sure what to expect as I walked into the workshop, but I was delighted and the car now looks far closer to what I'd envisaged.

Next step is to finish the engine bay, once the errant parts arrive from the 'states and then after the Revival in September, it's having an internal boot hinge conversion and then some paint to remove the stripes. I say 'some paint', but what I actually mean is a full repaint, which I hope Mrs Marshall doesn't notice, as I'll be for the high jump...

More updates to follow.

Marsh
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Aluminium bodied 427 side oiler in 'Street' trim

Not actually done anything to car today but have Ordered engine gearbox
    let the count down commence
    it,s all fun untill someone loses an eye

DAX de dion build (started jan2013)

Quote Originally Posted by marsh View Post
    Well, I'd hoped to have picked up my car today, but some unexpected delays in sourcing some period hoses, have put paid to that and the car remains beached without motive power, so I went over to see the car anyway.

I've had my car for 4 months now and am genuinely delighted with it, but wanted to give it a more period look and feel. The first phase of this work is around the engine bay and I've sourced some great parts from the excellent Nick Acton over in the 'states, but while I'm waiting for them to arrive, I've had my pin drive wheels painted in matt black and have attended to the ride height, as the car wasn't sitting quite right.

While I was at it, I've removed the side pipes and had them re finished in matt black to match the wheels and they're awaiting to be re-fitted.

I wasn't sure what to expect as I walked into the workshop, but I was delighted and the car now looks far closer to what I'd envisaged.

Next step is to finish the engine bay, once the errant parts arrive from the 'states and then after the Revival in September, it's having an internal boot hinge conversion and then some paint to remove the stripes. I say 'some paint', but what I actually mean is a full repaint, which I hope Mrs Marshall doesn't notice, as I'll be for the high jump...

More updates to follow.

Marsh
    Then there's the over riders to swap out for quick lifts, the roll hoop to ditch for a more authentic shaped one..........on and on........until you have a Crendon.
    Jokes. It's looking good Marsh, keep going.
    2003 Dave Brookes Dax 350ci Chevy SB.
    2008 Crendon 462ci Ford Sideoiler No.43
    2012 Crendon 351ci Ford Cleveland No.24
    2019 Crendon 445ci Ford FE No.66

Thanks Neil - it doesn't stop, does it? and I guess that's part of the fun.

It's starting to irritate those around me though - I mean, just how interested is my wife in my search for the right Trico washer bottle?

Not too interested, I'm suspecting...

Once you see the glazed expression it is time to stop talking.....
    2003 Dave Brookes Dax 350ci Chevy SB.
    2008 Crendon 462ci Ford Sideoiler No.43
    2012 Crendon 351ci Ford Cleveland No.24
    2019 Crendon 445ci Ford FE No.66

The black wheels look good Lee.

You also need to enlarge the cut outs for the exhausts and remove the nasty trims around the holes. alternatively, as you're going for the AC 289 Sports look, replace the side pipes with an under car system.

Paul

Welcome back Paul!

I'm undecided what to do about the pipes.

Last week it was all so simple and it was side pipes all the way, and they're just awaiting fitment in their lovely matt finish, but now I'm not so sure...

I'm going to run it like this through the summer and then when it's going in to be painted in the autumn, I'll take a view on the pipes, as I'll have to fill even more holes n the car should I decide to go under rather than at the side!

Seeing the car today has pulled me back towards silver too, as last week, it was all about Rangoon Red...

Can't wait to get it home...

Lee