Roller rocker/ pushrod sbc

I need a new rocker and pushrod , for a SBC might be able to save the rocker though The hardened end of a pushrod has broken up and a bit is stuck in the rocker , need to measure a good pushrod length accurately somehow , where would it be best to get these bits
    Dax 427 kit collected end april 2012, IVA pass first time 6th May 2014.

real steel will have all you need. Be careful to ensure you get the same ratio rocker arm if you do end up needing one.
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

David are you needing to measure for a new pushrod size? If so I should have an adjustable checker you can borrow, using a black sharpie you can check the movement of the roller over the valve tip, not sure what you need but if you need it I could pop it in the post, also they are pretty cheap to buy. Dave

Thanks everyone, i have now managed to get all the details of what i need from the original build. so need a Comp cams RP1412-16 kit of rockers and push rods unless anyone has any singles for sale will have to purchase a new full set .
    Last edited by david hemmings; 30-08-15 at 05:26 PM.

Just to throw a spanner in the works! if you're running a fairly stock ratio rocker arm (1.5:1 on a small block Chevy) and you do have to buy a full set of 16 new rockers, you could buy some with a slightly higher ratio. 1.6:1 for example. Opens the valves a little faster and to slightly higher lift.

Assuming your valve springs can accept a bit more lift (original cam specs and some info on the heads would be needed) you can effectively get a small power boost for free.

Just a thought, may not appeal
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by david hemmings View Post
    Thanks everyone, i have now managed to get all the details of what i need from the original build. so need a Comp cams RP1412-16 kit of rockers and push rods unless anyone has any singles for sale will have to purchase a new full set .
    hi David,

Have you found out what has caused the problem in the first place?

cheers
    Kiel and Duncan (dad and the lad errr young man now)

AHP Crendon Chassis No 1
    Ford FE 434, dual quad, Toploader total old school all the way
    https://www.crendonreplicas.com/
    http://www.absolutehorsepower.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Barnes View Post
    Just to throw a spanner in the works! if you're running a fairly stock ratio rocker arm (1.5:1 on a small block Chevy) and you do have to buy a full set of 16 new rockers, you could buy some with a slightly higher ratio. 1.6:1 for example. Opens the valves a little faster and to slightly higher lift.

Assuming your valve springs can accept a bit more lift (original cam specs and some info on the heads would be needed) you can effectively get a small power boost for free.

Just a thought, may not appeal
    ...but do remember to check valve/piston clearance if you go up a ratio.
    Cheers

Myles D-W

Hi
    Pretty sure just a duff pushrod as all the rest are perfect condition

Just make sure they are getting plenty of lube, not to sure how the chevy rockers work but the Ford pushrod cups get lubed through a hole in the rocker.

This is one of the factors affecting pushrod length,the cup needs to be nice and close to the rocker (but not touching the rocker at any point) so the oil jets into the cup to cool and lube the surfaces.

cheers
    Kiel and Duncan (dad and the lad errr young man now)

AHP Crendon Chassis No 1
    Ford FE 434, dual quad, Toploader total old school all the way
    https://www.crendonreplicas.com/
    http://www.absolutehorsepower.co.uk/