Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sump and Bell Housing Guard

Having ground out two or three times in my AK I thought it high time to try and lessen any damage that may occur when ''bottoming out''. Design was first which was very easy as I intended to bolt the guard to the box section. As long as you cleared the lowest point of the engine/box when the guard in place then you can make the guard to suit.
    Pictures tell a better story. I also tried the guard on my friends Dax and as the box section members were identical then the fixing points are the same. There was more clearance on the Dax but of course it depends on what engine you have fitted. Mine is an LS3 and my friends a 302. Last photo shows positioning of the guard with help from a Jack and packing!
    I await a price for 5 off but it will not be available for another three weeks due to holidays. If anyone is interested in purchasing a guard then please contact me. The guard is made from st/st.
    Charlie
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Hi Charlie, I'd be interested in one if you could email me. Vardyluke@gmail.com it's for a DAX

Thanks Luke

Mine was a similar shape (except the legs) and was welded to the sump, a bit more clearance that way!

Not a problem Luke. Suggest to check how far the sump/lowest point is below the box section chassis section.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Cobralwl239w View Post
    Hi Charlie, I'd be interested in one if you could email me. Vardyluke@gmail.com it's for a DAX

Thanks Luke
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

I'll be having a tinker tomorrow so will check. On a slightly different note I run a Composites machine company and have access to carbon fibre manfacturing equipment if you have any ideas? Filament winding etc

Hi Charlie,

I would be interested - AK with a Ford 351. When you have a price can you PM me?

Thanks
    Andrew

Hi Andrew, suggest you check how much lower your bell housing is from the underside of the chassis. I am not sure how deep the 351 is. When I get the price I will add it to this thread.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by adw250 View Post
    Hi Charlie,

I would be interested - AK with a Ford 351. When you have a price can you PM me?

Thanks
    Andrew

The lowest point in mine is 75mm

Thanks luke

I will try and get the car up in the air tonight and measure.

Andrew

Hi Charlie,

I'm interested in one of these for my Dax De Dion with a SBC. The measurements are as follows:

Distance between chassis rails (centre to centre): 510mm

Distance between lowest point of bellhousing and underside of chassis rails: 60mm

Distance between front face of bellhousing and front of oil pan: 330mm (I have a high capacity Champ pan, which extends further to the front with the front face vertical rather than sloped).

Cheers,
    Alan

Ex CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep - please contact me if you're interested in taking on the role!
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)

Dax 427 DeDion - now sold
    2003 E85 Z4 3.0i - the new toy!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast