Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    I did, however, smash myself in the face with the knee crank off the Bridgeport mill .. splitting my lip open and knocking the end off my front tooth. So that was fun. Powered knee for next modification..
    Let me guess, it flew off the castellated shaft as you were winding away at it?! If so, I've come close myself!

They are a heavy old thing to wind up and down I must admit, plus if you add a DRO then you end up using the knee even more as that's where your Z DRO normally measures rather than the quill feed. Be interested in that project, whose parts etc.
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Yup, that's exactly what happened! I've done it a few times - I bet everyone has - but normally manage to miss my face! This time I was cranking it as fast as I could to max height so I could "just quickly measure this and then go and have dinner"..

Dinner ended up being soup, once the bleeding had stopped. I get a bonus visit to the dentist on Friday to see how much damage I've done to two teeth as well.

This whole mill really needs going over - a DRO would be a lovely addition, but the first job is just to get it working reliably as-is. Then, no doubt, I'll end up wanting one in better condition and trade up
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Dentists can do very little at the moment, can't use a drill. So mainly extractions if in pain🤕

They didn't mention that when I paid £35 to book the appointment .. but they did warn me it would be another £35 when I get there (for the appointment), plus £250 to look at the first tooth and £30 for each tooth after that..
    My DeDion build diary..

I had a part of a filling break off, my dentist has just changed sold up. New Dentist took £25 straight away (last one you paid on the way out) he explained he was only able to to a limited amount of stuff and painted a coating on which came off straight away. When I got home I took the Sharp edge off that was anoing me with a small file. Unless it starts hurting, I will wait till it can be fixed properly before going back.

They didn't mention that when I paid £35 to book the appointment .. but they did warn me it would be another £35 when I get there (for the appointment), plus £250 to look at the first tooth and £30 for each tooth after that..
    I had two teeth break during lockdown! Typical, not had a problem for years. In the end my dentist got kitted up in full PPE and respirator and drilled and repaired both, metal crown in one and filling in the other. They use one room then leave it to be cleaned and use another for the next patient. Right old rigmarole but got it done. I think it was £260 all in.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    I had two teeth break during lockdown! Typical, not had a problem for years. In the end my dentist got kitted up in full PPE and respirator and drilled and repaired both, metal crown in one and filling in the other. They use one room then leave it to be cleaned and use another for the next patient. Right old rigmarole but got it done. I think it was £260 all in.
    Mine said they weren't allowed to use the drill, obviously different dentists must have put procedures in place to allow it? Mines only a small practice.

I do fully expect the dentist to come in dressed like an extra in Outbreak

My DeDion build diary..

For £70 + £250 to look at it, I'd be expecting a full show as well, including dancing girls😉

Yeowch, which practice was that ??
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast