Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wing mirrors

They look effective. Has anyone tried opening the doors with sidescreens. Is there any interference.

I've just fitted the sidescreens to my Dax and the doors open OK. There isn't any interference between the sidescreens and doors. I've also got the S&J wingmirrors mounted on the windscreen pillar and it all fits OK.

Cheers,
    Mark

I think you mean wind wings, sidescreens are mounted to the doors. Windwings are what fits to the windscreen pillar. I plan to fit sidescreens and I have the Raydyot mirrors on the windscreen pillars but I am not there yet so cant confirm if they clash or not but I suspect that there should not be a problem if the brackets for the mirrors are designed to push the mirror far enough forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    I think you mean wind wings, sidescreens are mounted to the doors. Windwings are what fits to the windscreen pillar. I plan to fit sidescreens and I have the Raydyot mirrors on the windscreen pillars but I am not there yet so cant confirm if they clash or not but I suspect that there should not be a problem if the brackets for the mirrors are designed to push the mirror far enough forwards.
    I do indeed mean wind wings!

Apologies for any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfreemanuk View Post
    Can anyone tell me what size and length of bolts were used to mount the mirror bracket to the windscreen please? It looks like the upper mounting incorporated the side vent upper mounting? Is there a specific length of bolt for this too please? Thanks
    The thread is 2BA and the length will be dependant on what you are fitting. Be careful though, if the bolt/set screw is too long and touches the edge of the glass you are liable to smash the windscreen.
    Cheers, Clive

(If I'm not here, I'm either in my new workshop or on the golf course!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12