Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Well things are slowly moving forward! I have now sorted out all the bolts on the engine now the replacements have finally arrived. I have also sorted out the various plugs and fittings for the manifold in preparation for the plumbing!
    Got the clutch in and plumbed it up. Why not, it should be possible to test drive this car without the body! It seems to work OK but have been without any happy helpers so not been able to check properly.
    I have also mounted the gearbox properly having altered the chassis to clear the bottom of the bellhousing.
    Here is the slave cylinder all bolted in and bled (7mm bolts wtf, who keeps those in their workshop!!! Me now!!

Gearbox mounts

Flexible clutch pipe on to chassis - this pic also shows the new chassis rails and the dreaded bolt I had to take out of my FE bolt box having stripped the threads on the 7/16 302 block!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

Nice job, looking very tidy.

So much work to do and I have been messing about fitting these lovely little billet rocker tops!!!! Smart though, courtesy of Summit Racing

Taken a lot of hours to sort out the alternator bracket - clearly not finished, lots of tidying to do, but getting there! There is no room in these cars!!

Special pulley, special water pump blanking plate, special swivel thermostat housing! All £ and all bloody necessary otherwise it is going to be rubbing me in the back!!! And I am still going to have to modify the chassis a bit to get enough clearance on the alternator. Not going to finish it until the belt comes (on order). Will know where I am exactly then.

Onwards!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

Stupid question - Chris, where did you order your alternator belt?

Once upon a time I'd go to the nearest motor factors and say "I need a belt X long please!" but these days your choices are places like Euro Car Parts who can't do anything without a reg or.. Halfords

I resorted to ordering one from Rock Auto with some other stuff..
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Aaron, Bought the belt from BearingTech. Most of the bearing suppliers do belts, I also use BearingBoys as well.

Medway belts did mine, but loads of suppliers out there
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

How is it going, missing the updates

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    Stupid question - Chris, where did you order your alternator belt?

Once upon a time I'd go to the nearest motor factors and say "I need a belt X long please!" but these days your choices are places like Euro Car Parts who can't do anything without a reg or.. Halfords

I resorted to ordering one from Rock Auto with some other stuff..
    Oh don’t get me started! Everything’s so complicated now, even buying oil which used to be a simple case of whichever name you prefer (or which one tastes best to you) and had the correct numbers on the can. Now you have to read through reams of specifications.

just bought a fan belt myself, same length as current, 1013mm but too short. Guess it must have a fuller profile sosits higher on the pulleys. What a PITA

Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    How is it going, missing the updates
    Sorry, have been doing bits and pieces but for some mad reason I agreed to help my son with a house renovation!! Those with kids will know how the word ‘help’ ends up meaning doing all the work!
    Anyway, I will hopefully get the body next week so can crack on.
    Will try to get some pics on next week showing what I have managed to do which includes gearbox linkage and firewall and some of the plumbing. Having the body will allow me to progress a lot of things I have been holding due to unknown clearance issues etc

Yes, interested to see the bodywork when it arrives. Well at some point when I am over your neck of the woods I'd like to have a look at it if you were agreeable, the GT 40 is something I'd like to do at some point, obviously got enough on my plate at the moment though!

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast