Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Your making great progress. Great to see the body arrive. Must of felt like Christmas.

Your rear gearbox mount look quite sturdy. I know there is a lot of movement and seen supports fracture on a road trip in Europe. Some movement on the mounts is necessary.

I think its the twist and mount positions acts like a pivot point putting a lot of strain through the rear fixing points.
    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    Your making great progress. Great to see the body arrive. Must of felt like Christmas.

Your rear gearbox mount look quite sturdy. I know there is a lot of movement and seen supports fracture on a road trip in Europe. Some movement on the mounts is necessary.

I think its the twist and mount positions acts like a pivot point putting a lot of strain through the rear fixing points.
    Could be. They have a rubber bush inside with a stainless sleeve, you probably know the sort. Do you think that's too much/too stiff?
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

The ones I saw where solid mounts so no flexibility so yours might be ok . Worth seeing how you get on with your gear linkages.

I imagine that's entirely appropriate, if its rubber then it will have a lot more give than a poly bush for example and they are adequate for such a purpose.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718