Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    All booked up for Silverstone which looks likely to happen (everything crossed).

Really not convinced that the Le Mans Classic is going to happen, the way the French are behaving over vaccines etc.
    The organisers are still hopeful it will happen as scheduled (I had a message from them via their FB group a couple of day ago.)
    As it's only two weeks after the original dates of the LM 24 Hours, which has now been moved to August.
    I'm expecting the worst.
    More ferry re-booking woes etc.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

I'm moving my LM tunnel crossing and pinning my hopes of Spa 6 hours in October

Quote Originally Posted by kdavies3 View Post
    All booked up for Silverstone which looks likely to happen (everything crossed).

Really not convinced that the Le Mans Classic is going to happen, the way the French are behaving over vaccines etc.
    The organisers are still hopeful it will happen as scheduled (I had a message from them via their FB group a couple of day ago.)
    As it's only two weeks after the original dates of the LM 24 Hours, which has now been moved to August.
    I'm expecting the worst.
    More ferry re-booking woes etc.
    This is the reason why I canned it for this year. I have a feeling the French may be a little silly and target high profile cars such as ours on the way to Le Mans, just because they can.
    I do plan on going in 2023 which will be the 100 year anniversary of the race meet.
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Wessex region caretaker rep.

I would be keen for the 100 year classic if you wanna road trip together down. I might make it a bit of a holiday after with the missus so come home the long way via Reims and stuff.

Evening all.

Any suggestions on best day/days to attend? I might (very might!) possibly have my own Cobra to bring by then!

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenalinehunter View Post
    Evening all.

Any suggestions on best day/days to attend? I might (very might!) possibly have my own Cobra to bring by then!
    I’m booked for all 3 days but only because I’m not far from Silverstone. If I were going for 1 day it would probably be Saturday partly because people start packing up and leaving earlier on Sunday. But also you’ve got to factor in the weather which is why I book the 3 days to pick and choose.
    Dek

all 3 days really if you can - it always rains at 7pm on the Friday as that is when the first bands start performing. Doesn't matter what the weather has been like rest of the day, come 7pm Friday it'll pee it down - lol.

Anyone else noticed the same??

Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Oh! yes that's for sure Gary.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

Quote Originally Posted by nealgs View Post
    all 3 days really if you can - it always rains at 7pm on the Friday as that is when the first bands start performing. Doesn't matter what the weather has been like rest of the day, come 7pm Friday it'll pee it down - lol.

Anyone else noticed the same??

Gary
    I seem to remember Adam Ants backing singer to everyone's mind off the rain....
    Andy
    Dax- 350 Chevy, Holley Carb - Loads of smiles to the gallon SOLD
    AK- 383 Chevy - Even more smiles to even more gallons

I remember the rain 2 years ago, rain got into the engine electrics and I think the car was running on 5 cylinders by the time I got it home. Pete Robertson chose to sleep in the Sporting Bears Marquee next to his car on a sun lounger cushion and really got soaked with a river running through the tent.

Did anyone else see the amazing Carlos Santana there a few years back ? Not many people there, I took my young teenage sons who didn’t know who he was (children got in free) and we were about 15 feet from him in warm weather. Amazing. I think they must have lost money as not many turned up, so next year it was Jedward and the Pussycat Dolls (who ?)
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast