Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Yes, I was there for Santana.
    The stage was in a different area then too.
    Also remember how bad Jedwood were.
    Even Rick Parfitt Jr. was taking the pee when he followed them.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter29 View Post
    I remember the rain 2 years ago, rain got into the engine electrics and I think the car was running on 5 cylinders by the time I got it home. Pete Robertson chose to sleep in the Sporting Bears Marquee next to his car on a sun lounger cushion and really got soaked with a river running through the tent.

Did anyone else see the amazing Carlos Santana there a few years back ? Not many people there, I took my young teenage sons who didn’t know who he was (children got in free) and we were about 15 feet from him in warm weather. Amazing. I think they must have lost money as not many turned up, so next year it was Jedward and the Pussycat Dolls (who ?)
    I did David. Like you say front row seats, well standing and the only U.K. gig he did that year. Maybe for some years, don’t really know but was pretty spectacular. Worth the price of the 3 day tickets for that alone. Pretty much downhill since.
    Dek

Quote Originally Posted by Dek View Post
    Pretty much downhill since.
    Dek
    Yr not wrong. I’ve listened to a few of the sound checks since, but never been tempted to stay on. Bonnie Tyler was quite fun as she was having zip trouble but hadn’t noticed...to link to another thread maybe we should suggest Toyah, but the evenings can be a little chilly....
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Evening all,

Since we're missing out on Le Mans Classic this year (again!) we're heading over to Silverstone for the Classic.

We've done it many times before but never stayed over.

So.... which campsite?? Litchlake looks reasonably favourable (good location?).

Any thoughts? Where are others staying?

Many thanks in advance

Sean
    Too many idiots, not enough villages!

Hi Sean,
    me and my gang always stay on Litchlake.
    Great location for walking back in for the concerts etc. ( assuming a little libation maybe partaken).
    Book in advance online it's a bit cheaper.
    I usually go Thursday and leave Sunday afternoon.
    Kev Davies
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD

Many thanks Kev, Litchlake it is then!

I have a feeling we booked Litchlake previously but didn't use it. One of those Silverstone Classics where you wander about in the freezing rain thinking "how can it possibly be this cold and wet in July??" We drove back and forth to my mate's place in Cambridge instead.

Hope to see you there!

Sean
    Too many idiots, not enough villages!

Bought tickets as part of the Car Club display package and recently had an email requesting vehicle details and booking reference number etc before Monday. Unfortunately when following the link the booking reference number box is “greyed out” and it’s not possible to make an entry. I’ve contacted them and they are aware of this and will be re-sending the form. Has anyone found an alternative route? I don’t remember one but I may be wrong.
    Dek

What's the difference between Silverstone Golf Club and Woodlands sites. I carried tickets from '20 so camping is in Woodlands (the usual Silverstone site) but those that bought this year are in Golf Club which going by google maps is across the road but I doubt they will have dug up the first tee to make it a campsite. Just wondering if they have divided Woodlands into tow sites now. The description certainly makes it sound like the same site and still has the optimistic, closest site to entrance statement....
    Andy
    Dax- 350 Chevy, Holley Carb - Loads of smiles to the gallon SOLD
    AK- 383 Chevy - Even more smiles to even more gallons

Is Silverstone Golf Club the same as Whittlebury Golf Club?
    Stayed on the Whittlebury one years ago, it was a long walk in to the concerts etc.
    Since them I've always camped at Litchlake opposite the main entrance.
    Also camped on Woodlands one year when Litchlake wasn't available.
    Kev Davies

Whittlebury and Silverstone are different courses - Whittlebury is the nicer IMO, with a choice of 4x 9-hole loops.

In terms of location, W'bury is to the north of the circuit, Silverstone Golf is to the South East, sort of opposite the Woodlands sites. I think there was some debate about what sites would be open a few months back. The local paper is predicting a heat wave in July - that would make a nice change from the usual blizzard / monsoon.
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast