Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    I had a very short conversation with Peter re building a 428, let alone a 427 s/o .. one day I should work out just how much I "saved" sourcing the parts and going via Clive. Maybe not today, though.

Funnily enough, I too owned the FE before the Dax.. now, where's Kevin to say "Should have got a Crendon" when I need him!
    Pete’s a great guy and you only have to look at their results in classic racing. Not cheap but they do the job well. And he’s lending me a 289 flywheel to get my 302 balanced up for the GT40 nice chap that he is.

Oh yes - it was only short due to budget, he was friendly and approachable and I know by reputation he does excellent work

Pretty sure I'll still need his services - to date the engine for IVA
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    I had a very short conversation with Peter re building a 428, let alone a 427 s/o .. one day I should work out just how much I "saved" sourcing the parts and going via Clive. Maybe not today, though.

Funnily enough, I too owned the FE before the Dax.. now, where's Kevin to say "Should have got a Crendon" when I need him!
    'Should have....' ....naah, that'd be mean.... was a long time ago.
    Just need to get your car moving under its own power now! ...oh...and a pic of that new engine ....
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Can’t deny, I’d love to have a go in an original 1960’s 427, just for the experience, I can only imagine what they were like back in the day with Anglia’s and Austin 1100’s the usual fare.....
    Last edited by simon; 17-01-21 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Sp
    WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, blasphemy, rambling, and/or exhibition of shocking levels of ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    Can’t deny, I’d love to have a go in an original 1960’s 427, just for the experience, I can only imagine what they were like back in the day with Anglia’s and Austin 1100’s the usual fare.....
    Well, I can do half of it! The original engine bit (when this bloody Covid thing is sorted). We can easily sort

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12