Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    I'm not even convinced IVA centres will be open by then, much less Brooklands! Although it would be really nice to be on the road for summer..
    Hedging, sir? ..... They will both be open - trust me, I'm not known for my optimism, but have been right on pretty much everything virus -related!
    So, best start planning here on in....you know it makes sense.
    Last edited by KevinW; 14-01-21 at 04:13 PM.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

That could work for me Steve.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by route66 View Post
    The Goodwood Festival of Speed 2021 is 8th to 11th July. The following weekend or a weekend in August would maybe be more prudent.
    https://www.goodwood.com/motorsport/festival-of-speed/
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Nice to see the interest and enthusiasm building. Thank you.

It was left that the museum and I would be in contact at a later date once we have some idea of where the COVID restrictions are going. All I can do is suggest dates that we, as in CRC, have in mind but the answer from the museum I feel will be the same.
    I’ll make contact again during February just to keep coms going and update the post.

Goodwood Festival Of Speed I have to admit wasn’t considered as I usually only go to the revival. So when the second weekend of July was suggested, I didn’t give it a second thought.
    Goodwood Revival tickets haven’t yet come on sale, they are due to in February. Hopefully it will go ahead this year in September. Me being the sad individual that I am, I’ve already started preparing my ‘period’ look for the event.

Please keep suggested dates coming in so that I can have something to give the museum and once again, thanks for all the input.

David.
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Wessex region caretaker rep.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    I'm not even convinced IVA centres will be open by then, much less Brooklands! Although it would be really nice to be on the road for summer..
    IVA centres are open already.
    I've just rescheduled mine as I have been having some EFI issues with the eight stack. (it was never going pass emissions).
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

"Goodwood Festival Of Speed I have to admit wasn’t considered as I usually only go to the revival. So when the second weekend of July was suggested, I didn’t give it a second thought.
    Goodwood Revival tickets haven’t yet come on sale, they are due to in February. Hopefully it will go ahead this year in September. Me being the sad individual that I am, I’ve already started preparing my ‘period’ look for the event."

Keep a look out as I had an email that that tickets go on sale 18th Jan to GRRC members, not sure when general public go on sale.
    They have said with so many rolling over tickets from last year there might not be that many going spare.

I wish mine was a bit closer to being finished, would love to do this visit.........

Yeah been there once its great, my dad also went there with teal bugatti owners club and theres a black and white photo of dads type 35 on the bank there, circa ,96, try and find a photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobragreyhead View Post
    Yeah been there once its great, my dad also went there with teal bugatti owners club and theres a black and white photo of dads type 35 on the bank there, circa ,96, try and find a photo.
    Wow! Your dad had a type 35? Hope he’s passing it onto you
    Dek

Just a quick update.
    As a result of the latest news from our PM, and ever the optimist I have just emailed Brooklands Museum to re establish our interest and to keep up communications with them.
    If we all behave ourselves it looks as if all restrictions could be lifted by end of June, beginning of July which means we have the opportunity to have some decent meets. I’m hoping a get together at Brooklands can be a reality, but that’s up to us.
    I will as ever keep all informed.
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Wessex region caretaker rep.

Might be intrested depending on the dates

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast