Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IVA Application

A bit of a late reply.There is a number on your confirmation,call it and arrange the test

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyoz View Post
    A bit of a late reply.There is a number on your confirmation,call it and arrange the test
    I can't locate where the reply was stored? However found earlier reply and later rejection for first application but no phone numbers on either email?

Quote Originally Posted by TurboFreak View Post
    I can't locate where the reply was stored? However found earlier reply and later rejection for first application but no phone numbers on either email?
    0300 123 9000
    Classic Replica Viper IVA passed 25th March 2021

Quote Originally Posted by KugaWestie View Post
    0300 123 9000
    Yes, got that same number from DVLA website.

Chased today and it was confirmed application received 10th March (2nd application with extra photos as requested)

Advised application was on hold and being assessed by technical engineer? However that engineer could not be contacted.

DVLA website state they should respond with date for test (and payment) within 20 days... it's over a month and I have no idea what the problem is?

Concerned getting a IVA test booked is so much hassle, let alone passing it.

Update.... after chasing again it appears there is a glitch in DVLA system and some emails sent do not get received, so if you applied and haven't heard in a few days chase them.
    Finally got test date, 5th May
    My first choice was Guildford... but not open. 2nd choice Southampton... they don't have equipment to test Cobra kit car?
    So now it's Gillingham, Kent... and for IVA tests car has to be with them before 8am so need to leave my house about 5:30 and collect car and trailer which will be loaded evening before.
    Last edited by TurboFreak; 23-04-21 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboFreak View Post
    Update.... after chasing again it appears there is a glitch in DVLA system and some emails sent do not get received, so if you applied and haven't heard in a few days chase them.
    Finally got test date, 5th May
    My first choice was Guildford... but not open. 2nd choice Southampton... they don't have equipment to test Cobra kit car?
    So now it's Gillingham, Kent... and for IVA tests car has to be with them before 8am so need to leave my house about 5:30 and collect car and trailer which will be loaded evening before.
    Pretty sure you can't do any kit car IVAs at Guildford, if not that's where I'd have gone.
    As it took me 3 goes to get a pass at Gillingham, happy to pop over for once over if that's useful, when ya ready.
    Don't know what's wrong with Southampton as they have certainly done a fair few cobras.
    Where about's are you? I'm RH20.

Oh....and don;t arrive late - we were 10-15 mins late (long story with motorway issues and a clash with the FoS) and it def did not help my case.
    Last edited by KevinW; 23-04-21 at 02:22 PM.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    Pretty sure you can't do any kit car IVAs at Guildford, if not that's where I'd have gone.
    As it took me 3 goes to get a pass at Gillingham, happy to pop over for once over if that's useful, when ya ready.
    Don't know what's wrong with Southampton as they have certainly done a fair few cobras.
    Where about's are you? I'm RH20.

Oh....and don;t arrive late - we were 10-15 mins late (long story with motorway issues and a clash with the FoS) and it def did not help my case.
    I'm in RH16 3NF, Haywards Heath.

I did contact Pilgrim as there only 20 minute drive from here, but couldn't do IVA pre inspection until June.

Today I removed exhaust heat shields and bumper rear bars as they may have slightly impeded the rear combination fog/reverse lamp.

I also think speedo was reading about 10% under so have removed ready to send to Speedycables in Swansea for calibration, unless anyone knows someone in Sussex I could take it to?

Already removed any AC Cobra badges, fitted the Sierra steering wheel, seats are bucket high back type to support head, stuck on plastic rear view mirror etc etc.

Only after it passes IVA can I complete the build... wooden wheel, sun visors, wind wings, proper seats, chrome dash mounted mirror etc.

If you are over this way in next few days would always appreciate an opinion if something might fail IVA, I do understand how difficult it is to pass first attempt.

Attempting to upload photo...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, just let me know. My boy's current G/F lives same place as you, happy to pop up.
    I'm getting ready for DriveIt Day tomorrow, and out doing DriveIt in Ashurst tomo.
    Can pop up one day next week? PM me your address.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    My boy's current G/F lives same place as you
    Suddenly I feel like my build has dragged on a little...

...will I still be building by the time he moves out, gets married, and has kids of his own!?
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast