rubber bump stops

Having looked at lots of other cars I have seen two ways of setting the bonnet and boot lid, either with a foam/rubber strip all the way round or using little bungs that self lock into holes drilled round the aperture.
    I want to try and set the height of the bonnet and boot as best I can to the body, so am thinking the rubber bungs are the best idea as they are firm and could be trimmed to the right height at various positions where it is high or low.
    Problem is I cant seem to find any on the internet that look small enough. Could anyone kindly point me in the right direction or let me know what they are actually called ?
    Paul

SRV8 - 429 Ford Big Block, 4 speed toploader

Alan

Ex CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep - please contact me if you're interested in taking on the role!
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)

Dax 427 DeDion - now sold
    2003 E85 Z4 3.0i - the new toy!

I used these.You can thread a nut on first and use as a height adjuster https://www.polymax.co.uk/anti-vibra...ibration-mount

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyoz View Post
    I used these.You can thread a nut on first and use as a height adjuster https://www.polymax.co.uk/anti-vibra...ibration-mount
    That looks a neat solution although the minimum height available is 15mm which might be a bit big seeing as most stick on ones are smaller but guess they could always be cut down.
    Dek

Thanks for the suggestions, I need really small ones, probably about 4-5mm high. I have found some 10mm diameter 5mm high stick on ones, so will start with those and see how they work. It is these little things I always pick up at Stoneleigh but sadly not this year and I wonder about the future of it sadly. Every year it is smaller and smaller.
    Paul

Paul,

The ones Dax supply are/were 13mm diameter x 4.5mm height - so it might be worth dropping John Kox and email at post@jksportscars.co.uk

Failing that, the ones I provided the link to are very similar - 11.7 mm diameter x 4mm height. They actually look better as they have a wider retaining rim on the stem which should stop them sticking to the bonnet and pulling out, which the Dax ones regularly do!
    Alan

Ex CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep - please contact me if you're interested in taking on the role!
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)

Dax 427 DeDion - now sold
    2003 E85 Z4 3.0i - the new toy!

I used this...
    https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/produ...ribbed-section
    around the bonnet and boot apertures of my Hawk. They both fit perfectly and seal all round with no flexing.
    simon
    WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, blasphemy, rambling, and/or exhibition of shocking levels of ignorance.

There you go....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, blasphemy, rambling, and/or exhibition of shocking levels of ignorance.

Thanks all. My self adhesive 10mm dia 5mm tall pads arrived today and they work great for positioning the bonnet and only a couple of pounds on ebay. Might look at that nice strip once it is painted.
    Paul