Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hoogstraten Belgium
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    Are you the only ones now offering the Dax De-Dion chassis?
    Hello,

    just to inform you all, the Dax 427 De-Dion with CC&AR and Dax 427 IRS may only be produced by JK Sports Cars. And these delivered to customers world wide.

    We are also able to supply all parts you may need for the Dax 427 or the XCS 427.

    BTW : There is no business relation between both companies.
    Kind regards,

    John Kox
    www.jksportscars.co.uk
    www.daxbenelux.com

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Age
    58
    Posts
    140
    Hello,

    your statement on : we aim to be the easiest to deal with, trustworthy, reliable and accessible, all backed up with supplying the best product we possibly can.

    I think this is the same for AK, Crendon, Dax, FFR, GD, Hawk, Pilgrim ........ This may you except from them all, so what you are saying is just marketing baloney.
    Last edited by Resik; 02-02-21 at 12:46 PM.
    Kind regards,

    Rocco Jansen

    Saier Cobra - Pilgrim Sumo MK3 - Dax IRS - Dax DeDion

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmha View Post
    Hello,

    just to inform you all, the Dax 427 De-Dion with CC&AR and Dax 427 IRS may only be produced by JK Sports Cars. And these delivered to customers world wide.

    We are also able to supply all parts you may need for the Dax 427 or the XCS 427.

    BTW : There is no business relation between both companies.
    John, as you can see from the pictures attached, our De-Dion Chassis is very different to the previous Dax offering. I'm not prepared to get into a mud slinging match here, we do what we do, you do what you do. The ultimate choice is down to that of the customer.

    PHOTO-2021-02-01-11-25-21 by James XCS, on Flickr

    PHOTO-2021-02-01-11-25-28 2 by James XCS, on Flickr

    PHOTO-2021-02-01-11-34-14 by James XCS, on Flickr

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Age
    69
    Posts
    1,725
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesV View Post
    John, as you can see from the pictures attached, our De-Dion Chassis is very different to the previous Dax offering. I'm not prepared to get into a mud slinging match here, we do what we do, you do what you do. The ultimate choice is down to that of the customer.
    So why did you start this thread by saying: "We are also able to supply pretty much all parts for Dax De-Dion"?

    In your Traders Section post you stated that "We also offer a huge range of other DAX Compatible spares, as well as kits, and turnkey builds. We are a UK Based supplier, with a UK Premises which you can visit". You also chose to title that thread "XCS Dax DeDion Driveshaft Replacement Kits + Dax spares we are a UK BASED SUPPLIER".

    Come on, this was a blatant and deliberate attempt to position XCS as a UK-based direct alternative/competitor to the official manufacturer/supplier of the Dax 427 De Dion, and it's not the first time your company has done this on this forum.

    Also, once again, rather than focussing the precision engineering of your De Dion driveshaft kit, you decided instead to use the same "USP" as Gary did a while ago - i.e. it "eliminates the clicking which is associated with the original DAX parts". That post quite rightly resulted in a series of bemused replies pointing out that £1607 plus VAT was a pretty hefty sum to pay to overcome a clicking sound - which I certainly never experienced in my 14 years of 427 De Dion ownership.

    So once again I suggest your company would be better off focussing on the innovative engineering aspects of its products rather than cheap point scoring against a competitor - which in my experience is never a good primary sales strategy for any company.
    Alan

    Ex CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep - please contact me if you're interested in taking on the role!
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)

    Dax 427 DeDion - now sold
    2003 E85 Z4 3.0i - the new toy!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by conrod View Post
    So why did you start this thread by saying: "We are also able to supply pretty much all parts for Dax De-Dion"?

    In your Traders Section post you stated that "We also offer a huge range of other DAX Compatible spares, as well as kits, and turnkey builds. We are a UK Based supplier, with a UK Premises which you can visit". You also chose to title that thread "XCS Dax DeDion Driveshaft Replacement Kits + Dax spares we are a UK BASED SUPPLIER".

    Come on, this was a blatant and deliberate attempt to position XCS as a UK-based direct alternative/competitor to the official manufacturer/supplier of the Dax 427 De Dion, and it's not the first time your company has done this on this forum.

    Also, once again, rather than focussing the precision engineering of your De Dion driveshaft kit, you decided instead to use the same "USP" as Gary did a while ago - i.e. it "eliminates the clicking which is associated with the original DAX parts". That post quite rightly resulted in a series of bemused replies pointing out that £1607 plus VAT was a pretty hefty sum to pay to overcome a clicking sound - which I certainly never experienced in my 14 years of 427 De Dion ownership.

    So once again I suggest your company would be better off focussing on the innovative engineering aspects of its products rather than cheap point scoring against a competitor - which in my experience is never a good primary sales strategy for any company.

    Hi Alan,

    It's not about scoring points, it's purely letting people know we can supply parts for both cars, which we can, that's quite simply true. The main person who benefits from any competition is the customer, and the customer votes with their feet. No-one has had a gun held to their head and been forced to buy the driveshafts, though people have chosen to do so, so make of that what you will.

    You could draw the same conclusions about any of the manufacturers, they're all alternatives/competitors to each other. I was simply pointing out we can supply parts, which we can, and have done, and we are based in the UK, which again we are. We do focus on primarily pushing things forward technologically, and I'm always transparent about what we do, and have put out all possible ways of contacting me.

    I'm quite happy to let the product do the talking, which it does.

    Take Care,

    James

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chelmsford Essex
    Posts
    1,668
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesV View Post
    Hi Jon,

    Your inbox is full I'm afraid, please feel free to drop me an email to address in the first post and I'll reply with the answers to your questions.

    Many thanks,

    James
    Hi James, I have emptied my inbox.

    John
    John Desz

    Essex & Herts Area Rep. UKCC

    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

    Events posted and meeting updates follow Face Book.

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/170236225077355

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    4,122
    James,

    Welcome, looks a terrific thing. Could I ask for a price list please?
    thanks

    Simon
    WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, blasphemy, rambling, and/or exhibition of shocking levels of ignorance.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    High Wycombe
    Age
    57
    Posts
    793
    Sorry, can't get my head around why this is in newbies and not the traders section?

    Graham.
    AK gen 1 delivered 05/05/17, on the road shortly!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    15
    Because it started off as an introduction, then people asked me questions. I'm happy to have it moved to the traders sectionn if it appeases folk.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chelmsford Essex
    Posts
    1,668
    JamesV,

    Keep the posts coming on the progress as we all have an interest in all cobra things.

    I cannot see your post being here as a problem. As you say it was an introduction. Where ever this is posted in what category does it really matter? IMO I would say no.

    May be to appease people start a post in the trade section for the progress on the build or should that be in the build forum section lol.
    John Desz

    Essex & Herts Area Rep. UKCC

    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

    Events posted and meeting updates follow Face Book.

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/170236225077355

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •