Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Wow, you have done a *lot* of glass work, James!
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Yes, unfortunately the tree(s) I hit saw to that but some of it was for other reasons, you can probably see that I have moved the filler from the rear deck into the wing. The roll hoop holes are now glassed in to perfection as well not like they look in that picture and the lump out of the rear wheel arch will be sorted when I add the extra flared edge that the SC should have but the RAM does not. The bonnet on the RAM has a hood scoop that is the wrong profile as well, not now......... I have learned altogether more than I needed to know about using glass fibre and once this is done I never want to touch the itchy nasty stuff again.

Ah yes, the fibreglass itch! I only need to get within a few feet of the car for that to kick in, sometimes

I do like the roll hoop going through the rear deck lid (per originals) - it was something I wanted to do on mine until "Just build it like the manual so you finish this decade" kicked in..
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Yes, its easy to get carried away.... The roll hoop on the RAM like many others was a 2" diameter thing with no rear brace at all and sat at 90 deg to the road i.e bolt upright, I had to modify the chassis sockets, bring them forward and tilt them back by about 3 deg to get the roll hoop to come out in the same place on the bodywork but at an angle, then I had to make a complete rear boot floor subframe to pick up the 3rd roll hoop leg as the RAM did not have one........easy to get carried away......

Thanks James - looks great. Any other pics would be great.
    Love the wheels - looks like a 295 on the back?
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

The rears are actually 275's but they are a slick drag tyre, they are only there to roll it around on while I build it, same as the front ones. I am going to put the Avon's on it. Not sure on what size at the back yet, either 275 or 295. I think I will use 235 or 245 on the front. The wheels are Vintage and as you know I think less is more hence nothing polished, I wanted them in the original finish as the original cars would have been, same for the spinners, they are drop forged stainless in its raw form. Front wheels use Simon's hubs and the rears are 6 pin from cobra racing in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    The rears are actually 275's but they are a slick drag tyre, they are only there to roll it around on while I build it, same as the front ones. I am going to put the Avon's on it. Not sure on what size at the back yet, either 275 or 295. I think I will use 235 or 245 on the front. The wheels are Vintage and as you know I think less is more hence nothing polished, I wanted them in the original finish as the original cars would have been, same for the spinners, they are drop forged stainless in its raw form. Front wheels use Simon's hubs and the rears are 6 pin from cobra racing in the states.
    I'd go 235 - I have 235 Galaxys on my Trigos. Think 245 will make the steering very heavy.
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Ok, thanks Kevin, I had a feeling that could be the case. Do you want any specific angle shots of the lights?

Anything from side profile to angles would be great. cheers!
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Ok, will take some, might be 2-3 days depending on how crap the weather is.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast