Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Kevin, got some more pictures for you, I will upload as soon as I get the chance, probably not until the weekend now though.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    Kevin, got some more pictures for you, I will upload as soon as I get the chance, probably not until the weekend now though.
    Brill - look forward to seeing them.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Kevin, couple here, note that because the flat area the lights sit on is still profiled for the round lights, a little of that curved body section immediately above the rear lights will be removed to square it off slightly which will make the light seem to fit higher than it looks at the moment.

Thanks James.
    I did mock up a plinth using acrylic, which was a total PITA to cut - kept melting.
    A quick mock-up showed that 6mm should be fine for plinth thickness, but below the coffin light the filler will need to extend a fair way down the rear skirt to make it blend nicely.

Have you started adding the filler on this area?
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Not yet as I have a million other things before I really start on body prep but I am confident that the position id very close to being correct, agreed there is a fair bit of filler in the lower section but I would use a glass reinforced filler in that area to build up the bulk of it as its MUCH stronger then sand that off a little too far then skim with normal fine filler or just use the glass reinforced stuff and a good layer of filler primer.

Started on one of my coffin lights and further work on the hardtop (see sep thread that I need to update) with help from Dave (Big Block) - many thanks Dave for all your help last week, I learnt a lot!
    Will put up some pics shortly showing the difference on the lights. Anyway, was also wondering how to mount the lights through the greater thickness of material. Another suggestion from Dave, problem solved:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FU31gcr8ZSpvMaQU8

via ebay.

If you have the Spiyda LED lights, its an M5 thread, and these fixings have an Allan head on top of the mushroom.
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Nice solution! Barrel nut, I think is the term?

And today I learned that their appropriate mating half is called a "Sex bolt". I'm not even kidding: https://www.fastenright.com/products...ts-barrel-nuts
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    Started on one of my coffin lights and further work on the hardtop (see sep thread that I need to update) with help from Dave (Big Block) - many thanks Dave for all your help last week, I learnt a lot!
    Will put up some pics shortly showing the difference on the lights. Anyway, was also wondering how to mount the lights through the greater thickness of material. Another suggestion from Dave, problem solved:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FU31gcr8ZSpvMaQU8

via ebay.

If you have the Spiyda LED lights, its an M5 thread, and these fixings have an Allan head on top of the mushroom.
    No problem, it was good to catch up, the day flew by.
    Remember don't let that bodywork bully you, get to grips with that blade and show it who's the boss.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    Nice solution! Barrel nut, I think is the term?

And today I learned that their appropriate mating half is called a "Sex bolt". I'm not even kidding: https://www.fastenright.com/products...ts-barrel-nuts
    God help anyone that has to repair your PC and comes across your search history " sex bolt", "large nuts" "female insert" and the list goes on

Test: Will the forum let me post now ....?
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast