Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

JLR sue owner for making his own replica

I believe the press are building a head of steam about this.
    Madness, and money.....but thats lawyers for you, especially JLR lawyers....

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-a...D8fmCDk_ZNom-g
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

If true absolutely staggering.
    It just does....

I thought copyright infringement was when you nicked someone else's idea and used it, without permission, for personal financial gain. Surely if you are building a car for yourself there is no "gain". Sounds like another prat with a degree and clip board and nothing better to do

Haven't mercedes been doing the same with anyone who make a copy of the gulwing? The fact that the cobra is the most copied car, at least there's a lot of us🤔

Quote Originally Posted by philbrad73 View Post
    Haven't mercedes been doing the same with anyone who make a copy of the gulwing? The fact that the cobra is the most copied car, at least there's a lot of us������
    Mercedes, Ferrari, Porsche, Rolls Royce all do the same. They will not only sue the pants off you but crush whatever it was you had made.. and yes, they've been doing it for years. Should whoever owns Shelby now decide to sue the lot of us, don't for a second believe they'd think "There's a lot of them, better not!"
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Oh - and JLR already have form for this: https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/business...dation-2696068

Funny how JLR were happy for these companies & people to exist until they, themselves, started peddling enormously expensive "rebooted" classic Jags like the E-Type Zero, eh?
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    Oh - and JLR already have form for this: https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/business...dation-2696068

Funny how JLR were happy for these companies & people to exist until they, themselves, started peddling enormously expensive "rebooted" classic Jags like the E-Type Zero, eh?
    Yes, and they even bought 2 replicas (not from SS) themselves which were used at public events!

I have been reading about the collapse of SS. They had debts, and unpaid taxes (£64k+, which I have little sympathy for) and then JLR finished them off. There was also an on-going issue of SS100s not going through IVA and still having Jaguar XJS on the V5. This was causing another problem.

But yes it seems JLR want to be sole provider of £M+ (non-IVAed?] classic jags, so they want all ali panel bashers removed from the market place to justify their ludicrous price tag. We have all seen the free advertising Ch 4 have given them for these products, lovely as they are, but with a very smart profit on top. I think this is a classic example of playing Monopoly.

I know some of the ali-bashing Jag replicators have just said 'fuck off, see you in court', and good luck to them.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

So are we all going to make a donation to the fund? I am inclined to do it. Can’t stand the stupidity and potential wastage

Back in around 1986, there were various stories in the kit-car magazines that AC Cars Ltd were going after Cobra replica owners as the body shape infringed some copyright of theirs. Didn't really go anywhere.

Russ.
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    1984 DAX Cobra
    Rover 3.5 V8 with Holley carburetor.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    So are we all going to make a donation to the fund? I am inclined to do it. Can’t stand the stupidity and potential wastage
    I have made a donation

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast