Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Measurements.

Measurements.

Afternoon Everyone, can anyone tell me what the front over hang and oil cooler scoop ground clearance measurements are? I have a Dax Tojeiro but it's in storage so can't measure myself at the moment. Thanks for any help with this.

I can wander out to the garage
    What exactly are you looking for ?
    CHRIS C - Maisie (DB No 46 )

Hi Chris, I'd like to know the distance from the centreline of the front wheel (the axle line) to the very front of the nose and the ground clearance to the underneath of the oil cooler scoop, I realise the ground clearance could be dictated by suspension settings, wheel choice etc, just trying to get some ballpark figure as I might have a driveway problem. Thanks.

This will depend on the suspension set up you have as well as wheel/tyre size.
    Mine looks like a pimp mobile right now as my suspension is very old and knackered. I’m hoping the new gaz set up I’ll soon be fitting will raise the ride height a little.
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Wessex region caretaker rep.

The answer is not enough if you want it to look right and not on stilts ! Mine is only a couple of inches!
    Paul

SRV8 - 429 Ford Big Block, 4 speed toploader

Damn, looks like I'm going to be fabricating some Heath Robinson ramps.

what is the problem? getting access to somewhere ? I have been surprised that even though it looks low I have only touched down once so far going into a car park. Im thinking of fitting an ali plate on the bottom to help protect it a little.
    Paul

SRV8 - 429 Ford Big Block, 4 speed toploader

I’ve smacked my front valence more times than I care, or want to remember! It’s a horrible sound and feeling. I too had thought of fitting a plate but I think that may take the flexibility out of the structure thus transferring stress to other more rigid parts and causing cracks.
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Hi Guys, I may not have explained myself very well, the problem is the access, angle of my drive from the road. The kerb is dropped so won't be a problem. The ramps I'm thinking of (which would lie across the kerb from the road to the drive) would lessen the angle, trouble is of course that I would have to place them every time I wanted to get in or off the drive. Paul/David, do you mean fitting an Ali plate to the bottom of the oil cooler scoop or some other area?

Quote Originally Posted by badhorse View Post
    Paul/David, do you mean fitting an Ali plate to the bottom of the oil cooler scoop or some other area?
    That is what I had thought of but still thinking about it due to the risk of transferring the stress elsewhere that’s more difficult to repair. I wouldn’t want that part too rigid. Maybe a thin sacrificial plate that is able to be changed easily once it’s been ground out too many times.........?
    David.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast