Thread: Leg room

Leg room

Any advice on more leg room in a Viper? Pedals are a bit too close with the seat right back. (I'm 6ft)

Can’t help but glad you got access sorted. Welcome to the cobra world.

Hi Steve.
    Depends on which model and version...
    I have a Sierra based Classic Replicas from about 1998 and the rear suspension mounting cuts the back corner off the floor pan under the seat. I modified the seat so it fits around this but it is still quite tight in there and I'm not tall.
    You might need to change the seat completely for one with less padding and frame...and my seats are bolted to the floor!

The other other thing to do is remove material from the dash either side of the wheel to allow space for your knees.
    Don't be afraid to pop the seat out and take a look underneath!?
    Declan

RV8, Sierra based Viper.
    I'm sure if I give it enough love it will, someday, love me back!?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    Any advice on more leg room in a Viper? Pedals are a bit too close with the seat right back. (I'm 6ft)
    What’s limiting the seat going back any further? Is it the base, which could be modified or the seat back (more difficult)? Alternatively look and see if the pedals could be modified. That shouldn’t be too difficult. Mine is not too bad for me. Can just about get the clutch fully to the floor but then I’m only a short arse at 5’ 10” (decreasing). Forgot to add mine is a Cobretti.
    Dek