Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aksportscars View Post
    Hi,

You will probably fail on noise as having put down 5800 revs you will be tested at 3/4 revs (4350rpm) I know our AK cars are ok at about 3800rpm but only just. Take some extra baffles just in case.

Jon
    AK
    So do we use Max bhp OR max torque lbs/ft for the engine power figure?

Hi,

Use Max BHP, unless you really take the Pizz on the Max revs it will not get looked at. Years ago we used to put Max BHP at 4350rpm, when we got to the test station The figure had been altered by Swansea , you should put about 4850RPM this is acceptable.

Regards

jon
    AK

Been notified my application has been rejected?

They will be contacting me again with explanation (hopefully).

While advising me to reapply using the TAS system and as yet no information what they are unhappy with.

Well, they do occasionally look at this forum.....!
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches94 View Post
    ref the engine capacity, I think you need to declare that on the registration post IVA, so it needs to be the actual capacity which sounds like 5500 cc in your case.
    That said I did wonder how a 307 got upgraded to a 335 (5.5). My friend Google seems to think the biggest upgrade for a 307 is by stroking to 330 which is 5.4.
    Rare old motor, only produced for a few years.

You'd have to bore it around 125 thou to get to 335 which sounds unlikely? Possibly it has a crank out of a 350 it in with a light rebore. No idea if they fit but a 3.5" stroke sounds more plausible.
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Seem to recall this being discussed previously? Would be interested if we can get to the bottom of it. Thanks.

No details regarding rejection of application so chased today.

Couldn't explain why they hadn't sent me further details.

Reason for rejection although I ticked box this build was purchased as incomplete as running project they still require photos relating to stages of build process.

I don't really understand why they need this or if I have the required photo evidence from previous owner, chassis, body, suspension are all new with invoices so why are photos required for something that can be inspected during the IVA test?

If it's this difficult simply getting a test booked I doubt there's any chance of a pass first attempt

Quote Originally Posted by TurboFreak View Post

Reason for rejection although I ticked box this build was purchased as incomplete as running project they still require photos relating to stages of build process.

I don't really understand why they need this or if I have the required photo evidence from previous owner, chassis, body, suspension are all new with invoices so why are photos required for something that can be inspected during the IVA test?

If it's this difficult simply getting a test booked I doubt there's any chance of a pass first attempt
    I assume you also submitted an Amatuer Build declaration form when you did the IVA application?

If you have told them you have built the car then you have to back this up with build photos

Quote Originally Posted by TurboFreak View Post

They want you to demonstrate that you built it in your crappy little garage surrounded by broken lilos and kids bikes.
    And specifically, that you did not throw the towel in after the first disaster and hand it over to a professional, who then trailored it back round to your gaff ready for IVA.....coz then it aint 'Amateur Build regs' for the IVA test. Capeesh?
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    They want you to demonstrate that you built it in your crappy little garage surrounded by broken lilos and kids bikes.
    Do you have a camera in my garage!?
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast