Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    Do you have a camera in my garage!?
    From what I've seen your garage, with its bench, lathe , pillar drill, bench grinder and lift runs the risk of looking like a pro-garage!
    Suggest you make some strategic investments in authentic background scenery .... I might be able to help
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Right, new form completed with lots of old black and white photos from previous owner show donor vehicle and parts removed, new chassis being fitted with various old and new parts, body off and on... so they should be happy.

I have lost the postal address details for IVA application, does anyone know it please?

OK... didn't send amateur build form last time, and they didn't ask for it this time.

However as mentioned on here it is required, and on that form there's an address, so will send all forms to that address (DVSA, PADLEY ROAD, SWANSEA, SA1 8AN)

So revised top revs and engine tested at 3200, they are tested at 2/3 max. Result was 99.5

My problem is although they recognised it was a SBC engine built 1968-1973 and therefor not requiring emission test they still required a certificate confirming engine build date... why? (pre 1975 no emission test required)

The certificate had one wrong digit in engine number, a 6 instead of a 3... so they failed it.... even knowing it was a simple mistake by garage that issued the engines certificate, the certificate correctly recorded the cars VIN it was fitted into.

Does anyone know how I can obtain a new certificate for this engine as I don't really want to chance adjusting the one I have.. if you know what I mean.

Surely you can go back to the garage that issued it and ask them to correct it?
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

Quote Originally Posted by TurboFreak View Post
    My problem is although they recognised it was a SBC engine built 1968-1973 and therefor not requiring emission test they still required a certificate confirming engine build date... why?
    Because Mexico have been casting new "1970" Chevy 350 blocks for the last 50 years, and they were being passed off as old blocks to circumvent emissions requirements.. so now we are all (even those of us using a Ford engine that ceased production in 1976!) required to purchase a certificate of age. IIRC there's some bad blood about that whole period, so best to skip past it and accept our fate.

Back in 2015 the list of acceptable companies was:
    Adrian Carroll ltd
    Custom Power and Paint
    Huddart Engines
    Kitparts Direct
    Knight Racing Services Ltd
    Real Steel
    Roadcraft UK Ltd
    The British Motor Heritage Trust
    The Vintage Hotrod Association
    Tornado Sportscars Ltd

Of those, I don't believe Huddard is trading anymore, and I think we can add Anthony (Crendon) to the list now? Past threads indicate that the IVA test centre should be able to provide you with a list of acceptable sources of engine dating certificates.
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by kdavies3 View Post
    Surely you can go back to the garage that issued it and ask them to correct it?
    If only life was that simple.

I bought this as an unfinished project about 18 months ago. The engine certificate was a major selling point as no emission problems, he had this done about 3 years ago by a local garage in Dorset...
    I'm in West Sussex.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboFreak View Post
    If only life was that simple.

I bought this as an unfinished project about 18 months ago. The engine certificate was a major selling point as no emission problems, he had this done about 3 years ago by a local garage in Dorset...
    I'm in West Sussex.
    Just call Anthony at Abs Horsepower / Crendon Cars.
    I am sure he will be able to sort you out, or advise best next steps.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Knight racing certified my SBC350. It was all done via email and phone calls so i didn't need to transport the engine to them.

Cheers,
    Mark

Thanks to everyone who replied.

The garage that issued the engine certificate in Dorset is still trading, I managed to contact them explaining problem.

He like me thought IVA were being difficult but accepted his mistake on certificate.

He was very helpful and apologetic, he is sending me another certificate by post (as explained must be original) with correct details and todays date at no charge... so IVA should be happy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast