Sumo door card thickness

Can anybody help please. Body and door fitted correctly on my mrk3 but I have a gap of 35mm between the door and body sill. Once the rubber seal is fitted the gap is around 15mm, which seams excessive if I use 6mm plywood for the cards as most people suggest. Even with foam and the leather fitted there will still be a gap. Any advise welcome. P.S doors are flush with body on outside so must be fitted correctly. John

That's a very wide gap. Do you have a photo?

Wondering if the wrong door rubber is being used. One of my doors was a bit 'iffy' along the bottom edge, but seemed OK eventually.

The sponge etc will easily double the apparent thickness to 12mm+
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Not sure how to download photos, will try tomorrow. I thought same Kev but seals supplied by Pilgrim. I firstly thought I'd got door in wrong position but it's flush on the outside, I wonder if the door thickness is wrong or the sill Lip is wrong from factory.

I do remember a big gap till I had fitted the trimmed door card, then all fine.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

I'm in the same boat, as I've just made up some door cards from 5mm plywood. I haven't upholstered them yet but I ultimately just want to cover them them in black vinyl and use the MG style door latches. Really basic, if the IVA tester will allow it. To close the gap I brought a bigger profile of the seal from an eBay seller.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224161623765

The other option seems to be to make the door cards thicker as per this link. 8mm ply with 8mm foam and upholster from there.
    http://how-to-build-a-pilgrim-sumo.w...and-door-cards

Really helpful info guys thank you