Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bw41059 View Post
    post office in spar shop lostock hall

Thanks for the advice BW, decided to try there first on your recommendation. Had the MoT this morning so headed down with the required documents and seems to have been sorted and taxed no problem, V5 sent of and vehicle taxed there and then (apparently sometimes they can tax it there and then, sometimes have to wait for the V5 return), must admit I won't feel confident until I get the V5 back with correct tax class on, feel like it was all too easy and keep expecting to have it dragged away from me!

Five stars for Lostock Hall post office!

Quote Originally Posted by GDCobra View Post
    Thanks for the advice BW, decided to try there first on your recommendation. Had the MoT this morning so headed down with the required documents and seems to have been sorted and taxed no problem, V5 sent of and vehicle taxed there and then (apparently sometimes they can tax it there and then, sometimes have to wait for the V5 return), must admit I won't feel confident until I get the V5 back with correct tax class on, feel like it was all too easy and keep expecting to have it dragged away from me!

Five stars for Lostock Hall post office!
    That’s exactly what I did last now, just the receipt from the post office to prove I have sorted it. Waiting for my V5 to come back now fingers crossed.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Quote Originally Posted by TINKA View Post
    That’s exactly what I did last now, just the receipt from the post office to prove I have sorted it. Waiting for my V5 to come back now fingers crossed.

Aye, after all the post I've read on this subject it all seemed too easy in the end. I'll be happy once I've got the v5 securely in my mit!

That's 200 odd quid I can spend on petrol now.

glad your sorted pal, not got my v5 back yet, i believe there is strike action ongoing in dvla, just keep hold of your post office receipt
    graham

I got my car reclassified last week. Done literally in a few seconds.
    The strike action would explain the delay.
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Wessex region caretaker rep.

i am wtg for mine back from dvla but i believe there is ongoing strike action at dvla so might have to wait a while but you can check tax and mot status on dvla website
    graham

Make sure you still tax your vehicle even though it is zero tax when exempt. They can still fine you if you decide not to sorn the vehicle. You need to declare if it has a valid MOT or MOT exempt. Watch out for the 30 year chassis ruling which could cause you issues on any insurance claims.
    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

car was taxed at post office and v5 sent to dvla. dvla website showing car as taxed from 1st april and valid mot
    graham

Quote Originally Posted by bw41059 View Post
    glad your sorted pal, not got my v5 back yet, i believe there is strike action ongoing in dvla, just keep hold of your post office receipt
    graham
    cheers Graham, I checked the DVLA site several times since I “taxed” and MoT’d it, took a few days for it to show up but its now indicated as taxed from 1-April. So I’m more confident now but won’t be 100% until I’ve got the new V5 in my mit with the Historic class on it.

no need to sorn anymore now that its free so just keep taxing it when due

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast