Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    can i assume that everyone getting the historic status are all pre SVA?
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Quote Originally Posted by nealgs View Post
    can i assume that everyone getting the historic status are all pre SVA?
    Not at all mine went through a SVA in 2003 ?
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Mine was SVA in 2004. And awaiting the V5C that should state Historic.
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Wessex region caretaker rep.

how on earth are you getting it then? lol mine went through SVA in 2000 on age related plate (P - '75) so should be close now?? lol
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Quote Originally Posted by nealgs View Post
    how on earth are you getting it then? lol mine went through SVA in 2000 on age related plate (P - '75) so should be close now?? lol
    you should also be expecting a refund. Historic could have been made in 2015.

check the date of manufacture on DVLA car tax checker. If it states 1975, apply now
    Roger

RamSC 351 Cleveland

on the road 20 years- nearly finished

^^^^^
    As per Roger’s suggestion, link to DVLA check site earlier in this thread, checked mine there, date of manufacture was 1980 so decided to give it a go and got a positive result. If you get a manufacture date older than 40 years you should qualify, give it a go nothing to lose.

I still don't get this...Mine was a then SVA built/on the road car in 1999 on a 67' donor plate but is obviously not 40yrs old yet as a Cobra, so how do some of you with later registered cars getting historic ?

Steve
    AK 427, Chevy 350, Jag Getrag

If you can make it - MAKE IT!

i think it was the luck of the draw on who in the DVLA did the docs for them at the time. i assume V5's states two different dates for those who got it?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-Art View Post
    I still don't get this...Mine was a then SVA built/on the road car in 1999 on a 67' donor plate but is obviously not 40yrs old yet as a Cobra, so how do some of you with later registered cars getting historic ?

Steve
    I've read the entire thread.
    Pragmatic interpretation of the rules imho..... bit like tax: tax minimisation vs tax evasion. You decide.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

As above check the Gov.uk site for the date of manufacture - that seems to be what determines Historic. The tax rules are different to MOT. MOT specifically exceptions cars that have significant chages:the
    "You do not need to get an MOT if:
    - the vehicle was built or first registered more than 40 years ago
    - no ‘substantial changes’ have been made to the vehicle in the last 30 years, for example replacing the chassis, body, axles or engine to change the way the vehicle works"
    So a kit first used 15 years ago needs an MOT

But Historic Tax rules are simpler:

"You can apply to stop paying for vehicle tax from 1 April 2020 if your vehicle was built before 1 January 1980. You must tax your vehicle even if you do not have to pay.

If you do not know when your vehicle was built, but it was first registered before 8 January 1980, you can still apply to stop paying vehicle tax."

Both those dates can be found by putting your car's details in here: Link

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast