Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nealgs View Post
    how on earth are you getting it then? lol mine went through SVA in 2000 on age related plate (P - '75) so should be close now?? lol
    What date do you have on your V5C section 4 , No. B and B1 dates.

Also was it registered as a donor or new parts. A vehicle using donor parts carries across the old vehicle dates differing from an all new parts vehicle which will be issued with a new plate and exempt from being MOT for three years.

If you have old donor dates in section 4 then re-apply would be my suggestion and you might get back tax.
    Last edited by jon1d; 18-05-21 at 04:17 PM.
    John Desz

Essex & Herts Area Rep. UKCC

Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Events posted and meeting updates follow Face Book.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/170236225077355

my v5 only states date first registered which was 02/12/1980. what i did first was inform the dvla that i had fit a different engine to a jag i had bought and supplied them with the engine no:and capacity even though in practice i did nothing at all to the jag except strip it of the parts i needed, i started building the cobra in 1994 and it was ready to go on the road in 1996. i used the parts off a donor jag i bought and all this was done prior to sva/iva when all you had to do was score 8 points to retain the donor vehicles reg.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    I've read the entire thread.
    Pragmatic interpretation of the rules imho..... bit like tax: tax minimisation vs tax evasion. You decide.

The DVLA web site says "If your vechicle was built before 1 January 1981, you can stop paying vehicle tax from 1 April 2021"

OK so what do they mean by "Built"?

They then go on to say "if you do not know when your vehicle was built, but it was registered before January 1981, you do not need to pay vehicle tax from 1 April 2021"

By that I take it they mean that the "Built" date is the "Year of manufacture" which can be found on DVLA site and this is the primary value used with "Date of first registration" only used if "Year of manufacture" is unknown>

Using "https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/VehicleFound?locale=en" I can see my "YoM" is 1980 while "DoFR" is 1998, when it became a Gardner Douglas.
    Check yours out and if "YoM" is listed as pre 1981 then you should be good to go. If you run into a jobsworth at the post office then try another one, nothing to lose.

Only playing by the DVLA/Government rules not making anything up and my car is correctly registered. It's pre-SVA because it took the government longer to bring in the SVA system than I took to build the car!

i think it was the luck of the draw on who in the DVLA did the docs for them at the time. i assume V5's states two different dates for those who got it?
    both my V5 dates are the date of first registration of the cobra, the date of manufacture on the DVLA website is 1974 which the donor jag. Tax status goes on date of manufacture.
    Roger

RamSC 351 Cleveland

on the road 20 years- nearly finished

my details on dvla website are the same december 1980

and there you go - just dependant on who the person at DVLA was at the time of registration. Mine has 2000 for both dates as that is when it was IVA'd. It's was given an age related plate based on it's 1975 Daimler 420G donor, but whoever did the paper work did it wrong/right at the time.

So no free road tax for me for a few more years - lol.
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

and there you go - just dependant on who the person at DVLA was at the time of registration. Mine has 2000 for both dates as that is when it was IVA'd. It's was given an age related plate based on it's 1975 Daimler 420G donor, but whoever did the paper work did it wrong/right at the time.

So no free road tax for me for a few more years - lol.
    sorry, I’m being a bit slow today.

do you mean both logbook dates =2000 or

both DVLA website dates =2000

bit strange they would change the date of manufacture and still give you an age related plate, computer says no and all that.
    Roger

RamSC 351 Cleveland

on the road 20 years- nearly finished

yep, both dates say 2000, but car was given age related plate P plate '75
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

I would write a covering letter and explain. You have nothing to loose. If they issued you with an aged related plate then they have admitted that the car is of that age so this should be the date in your V5C.
    If for instance the age related date was correct in your V5C then the engine would be tested for the emissions relating to that date.
    At present you are tested to 2000 for emissions which is not correct for the age. You emissions would be visual smoke and no C02.

I would be very open and state the V5C does not agree with the issued number plate. They might issue another age plate for 2000 or at best an age related plate.
    John Desz

Essex & Herts Area Rep. UKCC

Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Events posted and meeting updates follow Face Book.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/170236225077355

can, worms all over the place

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast