Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DVLA registration details show it as 4235cc - so Jag 4.2 ltr straight six. Another one to beware of.
    Steve Brown

CRC Regional Rep - East Anglia

Quote Originally Posted by route66 View Post
    DVLA registration details show it as 4235cc - so Jag 4.2 ltr straight six. Another one to beware of.
    I know we can't access the engine number through the dvla site but from what you have
    mentioned that would suggest that the Jag block number has been transferred to the RV8 !
    They are very different indeed.
    Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1 View Post
    I know we can't access the engine number through the dvla site but from what you have
    mentioned that would suggest that the Jag block number has been transferred to the RV8 !
    They are very different indeed.
    Chris.
    ad says it was built in 1991 but the engine was fitted in 1994 so I reckon it was registered with the jag engine and then an engine swap was completed without advising DVLA- a right can of worms.
    Roger

RamSC 351 Cleveland

on the road 20 years- nearly finished

I'm guessing the self same V5 now resides with this car. No details were changed - engine number, make, engine size etc. It's not been within a country mile of SVA / IVA / VOSA.
    Steve Brown

CRC Regional Rep - East Anglia

Quote Originally Posted by route66 View Post
    I'm guessing the self same V5 now resides with this car. No details were changed - engine number, make, engine size etc. It's not been within a country mile of SVA / IVA / VOSA.
    Exactly.
    The cynic in me says the owner, who perhaps unwittingly bought it without the right V5, has had a jolly time driving it , illegally, and even bought a hardtop for it, and now its going to be problematic at MOT time..... time to offload it.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Its tax exempt and not been near an MOtT station for a few years.

The posting states that it’s Tax and MOT exempt. True for the original Jaguar. But this?
    The way the law operates at the moment with number plate recognition technology, it’s just a matter of time before the driver of that car gets pulled over.
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Wessex region caretaker rep.

OK, good point Jon.

David - indeed, I just hope it isn't some poor sucker enjoying his new drive.

Caveat Emptor never applied more in this case.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

It’s clearly wrong but how much of a risk is it? It’s a legit plate (albeit on the wrong car!) so will not flag on any camera. A good traffic cop might have pulled it in the knowledge that the car does not match the database but no camera jockey will do anything. The chances of being pulled by a rare traffic cop are getting slimmer every day as more and more are replaced by civilians.
    I’ve said it before on other threads, these cars sell, there are clearly a lot of people out there that don’t care. I’ve seen them go at auction even when the incorrect log book has been highlighted by the auctioneer. Not for me, but there is a market.
    Insurance is valid as long as you have made it clear it’s actually a cobra.

Such a shame, especially given the amnesty period for incorrectly registered cars just before the SVA came in, made use of it myself it was so easy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast