Thread: Free MOT

Free MOT

I wouldn't suggest Halfords Autocentres for MOTing your Cobras but it may be worth considering this offer for your everyday motor if an MOT test is needed between 21st May and 21st November 2021. Just buy anything from Halfords before 19th April to get an MOT voucher.
    https://www.halfords.com/deals-and-e...D-2A0F714157DD

In highlighting this offer I am in no way endorsing Halfords!! (Just to cover my toosh)

Russ.
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    1984 DAX Cobra
    Rover 3.5 V8 with Holley carburetor.

i need a bulb does that qualify? lol

I took them upon on this and i have a pass with no advisories! This is despite missing a brake light, handbrake not working and not having any rubber copy on the pedals! Also they had my tyres as 60% on the fronts and 50% on the rears despite them being brand new that week!

Regardless, I have a pass certificate from Halfords in Cirencester! They were very happy to see such a lovely and unusual car, can't imagine if that had any impact on the pass or not....
    SHELBY :- Dax, Chevy 350, Tremex, side pipes, blue + stripes, cream leather... Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by zac View Post
    I took them upon on this and i have a pass with no advisories! This is despite missing a brake light, handbrake not working and not having any rubber copy on the pedals! Also they had my tyres as 60% on the fronts and 50% on the rears despite them being brand new that week!

Regardless, I have a pass certificate from Halfords in Cirencester! They were very happy to see such a lovely and unusual car, can't imagine if that had any impact on the pass or not....
    - did the young lad testing it get to drive it round the car park? - that might have helped!
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

The only problem with Halfords is they usually want to tighten the chain and adjust the saddle ! Not surprised they missed the failed light and handbrake, they probably didnt know what they were!
    Paul

SRV8 - 429 Ford Big Block, 4 speed toploader