Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 34 of 34
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    9,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Bannon View Post
    Wow, nice drawing. Spot on. I don't have that facility! But that is exactly correct.
    Thanks guys, really appreciate this.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

    Not listed in the Shelby Register.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northampton
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Bannon View Post
    Wow, nice drawing. Spot on. I don't have that facility! But that is exactly correct.
    Excellent - I'll have a look this weekend.. not sure if I've got any stainless offcuts of a large enough diameter so might have to pick some up, but I can t least try and knock up a proof of concept in mild
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lanarks
    Age
    64
    Posts
    670
    Drill a hole to suit the pin on a stainless M12 Socket Head Button Flange Screw

    https://www.accu.co.uk/en/flanged-bu...SSBF-M12-20-A2

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    364
    I've completed the initial fit now, pretty happy with the overall result, although I do have a few stress-cracks to grind out and fill which have appeared at one of the rear-deck fittings. I don't know how/when they happened because the deck was covered with tape for a while. No problem to sort anyway.
    So - front edge of the roof completed, I wasn't happy with the tension on the latches initially, So I slotted the mounting holes to allow adjustment. Much better now. Seal looks like it'll work, but I might change it from 6mm to 10mm if it leaks.
    The central support no longer fitted due to the increased rake of the screen. I squeezed the bracket the get the angle, then I made a 6mm plinth to fill the gap between the bracket and the scuttle.
    With that sorted, I lengthened the slot in the frame escutcheon plates to allow for the increased rake of the screen and refiited them.
    Today, I refitted the interior panels and filled a couple of holes where I had to delete two of the fixings for the tonneau cover.
    Carpets tomorrow, then MoT time. With all this done, the hardtop is now separate from the car, which can now be used again and the hardtop can be progressed without having the car in bits. It's going well.





















    DAX Cobra. May contain nuts. Always read the label.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •