Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    The community has changed a lot over the last couple of decades, and this forum is abs fine for the guys who buy their cars from dealers and look for a garage to service them.
    For those of us that like spannering and creating things, perhaps an alternative venue is needed?

I got sick of the same sort of problem.
    I've had to put my pics up on a Google album and then create links for them, but no preview is available.

Whilst the forum is good for general chat and giving verbal advice, maybe this forum is just getting too old and unloved for resource sharing other than just text/banter - maybe its time that a construction and technical forum is put somewhere else. The Sumo builders already have an excellent facebook page where lots of Pilgrim build stuff now gets posted.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

It's a shame really, the easier it is to post with pictures. The more interesting content will be posted of people's work/ideas they want to share. When doing so becomes a pain, the forum loses out.

I had the same issue with the Triumph I was restoring on the triumph site and no one was really bothered about sorting the picture issue.
    So rather than get a shi77y on and throw my toys ou the pram I though about a method that would record my builds and issues for others to see and to save all the pics and write up for myself.

I came across wordpress, free to use if you don't mind a few adverts at the bottom of a page, and if of course your write up blog is that good they might actually give you money per view, and started that.
    Now all I say is on the various sites is "here you go, here is the link, look if you are bothered". There are paid versions of wordpress and all sorts of stuff but I'm not techie at all and cant be arsed to learn a lot of new crap that I'm never going to really use, so hence the free wordpress.

My blog for the recent restos.https://classicandsportscarsrestorations.home.blog/
    Use the menu, GT6 has several pages, MG one only that at the moment as its progressing, cakes have their own pics as well.

Sometimes if you want to promote your work you have to think outside the box, also I found FB a shi^^y platform to try and post pics on and they soon get lost in all the traffic and crap usually posted "experts" on them.

Just a thought

What sort of problems are you having, links and photo uploads work fine from the menu in "quick reply"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw_E9_nqmGM&t=1s

Random photo, anyone remember these?

A500.jpg
    AK gen 1 delivered 05/05/17, on the road shortly!

I use imgur.com to post images on here.
    Seems to work OK.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

We are always looking for articles for the club magazine! This, and many other forum hints tips and build records, would make good features and if you have all the information and pictures it should not take long to bring together. Please contact Graham at magazine@ukcobraclub.co.uk or myself at chairman@ukcobraclub.co.uk.

Lee

DAX Cobra. May contain nuts. Always read the label.

Looking good!
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jim View Post
    Looking good!
    Yeah, thanks. An unforeseen challenge at every stage though - I'll expand on that shortly. I seem to be able to upload photos if I save them to my computer first, instead of going straight from my phone. Thanks all for your suggestions. I think I can recap without missing too much detail...

So - first pic in the above post shows the front roofline. The moulding was trimmed too high above the driver's position, so I had a choice - either trim it higher all the way across, or add fresh grp. I chose to add to it. You can see the pink part. I drilled lots of small holes along the edge of the roof first, to get a really good key. Turned out nice.
    The two pics of the tailgate gas struts: Due to the asymmetrical nature of these cars, the tailgate was crooked when open. I countered this by shortening the end-fitting of one strut by cutting half the length off and tapping the thread further down.
    Another gas-strut problem which no-one has ever mentioned, is that on the sidescreens, the ball-joint which attaches to the door-top doesn't have the range of movement to go from 90 degrees when closed, to almost zero degrees when fully open. Luckily I spotted this prior to installation or it would have torn out of the door when I opened it. Solution: I filed a slot in the cup of the ball-joint to allow the neck of the ball to pass into the slot, allowing the travel required. I'll take a pic tomorrow.

I had to think well outside the box regarding the sidescreen hinges, too. I'll take photos and explain this later. I've seen a Cobra on Google with a hinge arrangement which suggests the owner came across the same issue as me, and chose a solution which I considered but opted for another.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast