Quicklifts from Andrzej

Received my quicklifts and some custom escutcheon plates for my roll hoop from Andrzej this week and started fitting them. Andrzej turns out really nice parts at a sensible price. I can thoroughly recommend him.

quicklift small.jpg
    quicklift 2 small.jpg
    Paul

SRV8 - 429 Ford Big Block, 4 speed toploader

Ditto. My side vents are beautifully made. I had my reservations I have to say, sending money abroad with no guarantees. My reservations were I’ll perceived as the vents arrived and in very good time.
    I would say if he advertises things on this website that are appealing, he is probably one to trust.
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Wessex region caretaker rep.

Hi Paul,
    I am considering quicklifts and these look great, What fittings do they come with? Particularly the front ones, do they have fittings to the chassis or just through the body?
    Thanks
    Martin

I think most cars are the same, you should have a metal plates somewhere inside the bodywork that you mount 10mm threaded bar to and then I used 15mm stainless pipe to slide over the threaded bar (some use chromed 15mm water pipes). It is all quite a long winded and fiddly job as my plates are about 3" in from the bodywork which makes all the drilling quite a pain.
    Paul

Thanks Paul. Do you have any pictures of how it all looks?

Fitting has take a lot longer than expected, just due to the awkward marking out and the fact that the mounts are so far back from the bodywork and were not square or even vertical !
    Im very happy with the look and the quality, although my wife and friends are completely confused why I want ugly lumps of metal bolted on that just look dangerous!
    Oh and before anyone calls it out, I was short on stainless Acorn nuts for the front and yes I know the fronts should be the other way round but I like them this way!

quicklifts small 1.jpg
    quicklift 2 small.jpg
    quicklift small.jpg
    Paul

Thanks Paul, great look!

Do you have any pictures of the inner bodywork/chassis fixings?

Martin

These aren't quicklifts but the fixings are the same (I have a set of Andrzej's quicklifts as well):

It's just M10 stainless threaded rod with a nut either side of the chassis plate, and then stainless tube to cover the threaded rod:

I had the luxury of the front bumper to set out the holes .. but otherwise it was a lot of Mk1 Eyeball going on, drill them out, open them up with a dremel and fit the Finishline grommets:

Rears are similar except the tubes are integral to the bumper so an additional double-nut was required to set the 'depth':

On the Dax, the rear plates are pre-drilled for fixings but you still have to figure out where to go through the rear valence with the aid of an eyeball, mostly. Start small, poke something through, open the hole up etc.
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

I wish I knew how to post photos in line on this forum !!!
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pevans View Post
    I wish I knew how to post photos in line on this forum !!!
    Have a look at the last post in this thread
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8