What spark plug leads and boots?

Afternoon All, my Mike Huddart 351w engine has Malory 8mm silicon spark plug leads and 90 degree boots, just wondering if anyone could recommend a possibly better set up? Thanks for any pointers.

Your leads sound good quality. 8mm is enough for a good set up. You say 90 at the dis end ? Having straights at the spark plug end keeps you away from the headers on the ignition side a MSD 6Al with blaster coil and contact less points is a strong set up.

From personal experience I've always found that 45 degree boots at the plug end are correct for most small block Fords.
    90 degree at the dizzy cap male or female depending on your cap.
    8mm Mallory leads should be fine.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

Thanks for the replies guys, looking closer at my setup it looks like I have a roadcraft distributor. I like the idea of a MSD 6AL and blaster coil which I assume would not work with my distributor?, so any suggestions as to which distributor to go for? Thanks again.

Install a Pertronics into your standard distributor and hook in a MSD 6AL.

Got to love MSD! No reason why it wouldn’t work with the dizzy you have, I believe they work in most scenarios.
    Before you buy, look at their range. I have just bought the digital programmable one for my GT40. Not run it yet so can’t comment but feedback is good. I intend to lock out the dizzy advance and just run the advance through the MSD box. They come with a little app where you tune the timing on your laptop. If it doesn’t work I have the MSD dizzy with changeable springs so will tune that way instead!
    Btw, I bought my last 45 degree boots from Raceparts UK in Wallingford.

Thanks again for all the info guys, it's been many years since I last delved into the oily bits. I'll take another look at my distributor tomorrow but I'm sure it's a HEI. As Jon said I'll swap the module for a Pertronix ignitor and hook that up to a MSD 6AL. I've ordered a new set of leads with 135 degree boots. Just one more Q, what rev limit are you setting on the MSD?

Quote Originally Posted by badhorse View Post
    Thanks again for all the info guys, it's been many years since I last delved into the oily bits. I'll take another look at my distributor tomorrow but I'm sure it's a HEI. As Jon said I'll swap the module for a Pertronix ignitor and hook that up to a MSD 6AL. I've ordered a new set of leads with 135 degree boots. Just one more Q, what rev limit are you setting on the MSD?
    I used to run a Pertronix with a MSD 6AL and the combination worked great. I have a 351W and the max I would ever rev it to is 6000rpm.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8