Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    r.e locking, IVA manual states: 'The fuel filler cap must either be tethered to the vehicle or be of a lockabletype where the key can only be removed when the cap is locked or anautomatically opening and closing, non-removable fuel filler cap''

Not sure if they class the actual hinged Aston top as the cap or the lockable insert. The actual Aston cap is obviously 'tethered' to the vehicle, I believe most lockable inserts 'trap' the key when unlocked?
    Thanks,

Grumbleweed

If you're not meant to eat animals, how come they're made of meat!?

It would be interesting to hear from those who've been through IVA recently on that point - mostly on the locking insert point; like yours (I imagine) the key won't come out unless the insert is locked back in.. I don't have the aston cap on at the moment as I didn't want to fail due to radius/projection, so I have the 'screw on' lid that fits the same base; that, I've tethered to the assembly via what appears to be a sink plug chain.. (This guy: https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/3-12-b...ap-with-tether)
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Which cap are you planning to end up with? That temporary screw cap and the usual 3.5" BSP Aston Caps add up!!

Sorry, I seem to have hijacked this thread...

y
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    It would be interesting to hear from those who've been through IVA recently on that point - mostly on the locking insert point; like yours (I imagine) the key won't come out unless the insert is locked back in.. I don't have the aston cap on at the moment as I didn't want to fail due to radius/projection, so I have the 'screw on' lid that fits the same base; that, I've tethered to the assembly via what appears to be a sink plug chain.. (This guy: https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/3-12-b...ap-with-tether)
    Thanks,

Grumbleweed

The Aston cap post IVA.. then the screw-on cap can be sold on to someone else coming up for IVA

Assuming I finish before they ban internal combustion engines, that is
    My DeDion build diary..

It will end up as an Aston charging socket 😆

Oof Let's hope not!
    My DeDion build diary..

I don't want to temp fate, but what is to stop someone simply unscrewing and doing off with your nice, shiny, expensive Aston cap if they just screw onto a neck?

They're pretty niche things and i'm sure no one in the Cobra community would ever steel from another but just wondered!
    Thanks,

Grumbleweed

Absolutely nothing!

I guess you could cross-drill through the cap & neck and add a Torx security fastener from the inside.. they could still flip the lid but not unscrew it unless they're carrying a security bit set around.
    My DeDion build diary..

My car went through IVA in summer 2019 with an Aston cap from Pilgrim (Den Tanner in fact). The trick regarding radius is to get some mirror screw caps (which are radiused) and glue them onto the cap hinge pin - radius issue sorted. I do think my cap is over the projection limit from the body but it got through with the examiner not passing my boot handle instead. With regard tethering, as the Aston cap is hinged onto the body, it is tethered and if you're worried about someone nicking it, put some thread lock on it and it becomes much harder to nick if tightened properly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12