Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Got pinged at Gillingham for brake bias.Bought a Ford Mondeo bias valve from ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123727112642 and plumbed into rear brake line.Seems to have done the trick! The make is RAM

Quote Originally Posted by sunday View Post
    Thank you for that info, have you keep a rear prop valve or direct plumbed ?

I still have the valve in the rear circuit. Not sure I completely understand your question but this is a pressure reduction valve (Wilwood) which operates on rear curcuit only, as opposed to a proportioning valve which I take to mean a valve which will operate on both curcuits reducing effect on one while increasing on the other.
    My understanding is that this valve will give a constant reduction in output pressure regardless of input pressure. Ideally I guess a rising rate would be better but too complex and difficult to get right I'd imagine.
    My car didn't even go through SVA as I built a car quicker than the government were able to bring the system in (and they started before me!) and in any case this was some time after the original registration.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyoz View Post
    Got pinged at Gillingham for brake bias.Bought a Ford Mondeo bias valve from ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123727112642 and plumbed into rear brake line.Seems to have done the trick! The make is RAM

What do they actually check on the test? Is it just that the fronts lock first or has there got to be a specific balance?

The tester just hits the brakes hard and it is his impression.He did mine on a loose bit of gravel and personally I thought it was marginel.Still,don't disagree with the tester......

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyoz View Post
    The tester just hits the brakes hard and it is his impression.He did mine on a loose bit of gravel and personally I thought it was marginel.Still,don't disagree with the tester......
    Wow! Even worse than I thought. Can't see any way that indicates how useful or safe the brakes are. I'm sure my brakes would have passed that test easily but were not good in practice.

They test the braking force front , back and handbrake on the rollers.
    Then they do calculations based on the design weights you have provided.
    They also ask you to drive the car around the test centre and slam on the brakes, they want to see the fronts lock up before the rears.
    I've had Avon sticky rubber on my last two cars, so locking it up at all was quite hard.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

My tester checked the brakes on the rollers and said that they were fine.He drove the car himself and faulted the brake bias.He said "Fit a bias valve,but not too much change as the brake readings are very good"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12