AK Seatbelt to Chassis

Has Anybody got any pics of how the harnesses mount to the chassis.
    The holes in my body do not line up with the fixings in the chassis.
    Should I be sandwiching the body between the belt mount and chassis or cutting a bigger bit of body out so the bracket mounts directly the chassis.

I had to make the hole in the body larger to line up. There was also a gap between body and chassis so I used a thick washer to ensure a solid fixing of belt mount to chassis. I then sealed around the washer to body
    Charlie
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Quote Originally Posted by AKCharlie View Post
    I had to make the hole in the body larger to line up. There was also a gap between body and chassis so I used a thick washer to ensure a solid fixing of belt mount to chassis. I then sealed around the washer to body
    Charlie
    OK, I have the same. There's probably a 4-5mm gap between the body an chassis. So if I understand correctly, you sandwich the washer between body and chassis and then bolt it up..

Yep. you got it

Quote Originally Posted by incey1966 View Post
    OK, I have the same. There's probably a 4-5mm gap between the body an chassis. So if I understand correctly, you sandwich the washer between body and chassis and then bolt it up..
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

If you have the fore aft of the body correct, you won't be far out. You can buy a bolt, spacer, washer kit off ebay I think it was for a VW transporter that has the same size bolts but it comes with a variety of washers and spacers 1/4, 1/2 inch thick which fill the void. The seat belt plate will not move once bolted up so angle it more downwards so it seats around the waist better.
    To get the hole in line with the bolt hole, I used a dremmel with an abrasive barrel.
    Also get the right tap and run it down the threads first to clean them.
    Lee
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

Cheers chaps....👍