Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    When my Unilite module like that went phut I just brought the sensor wires out and used them to trigger an external box such as a Pirana. Way cheaper and it's run for years like that. Another important point with the Unilite is that you MUST run with an in-series resistor (ballast resistor) in the coil LT.

Looks like Pirana is sold under the name of Newtronic now.
    Last edited by mylesdw; 27-04-21 at 09:50 PM.
    Cheers

Myles D-W

Hell there is not a lot in it . About £5 of parts. Think there must be a hall effect transistor which is used to be triggered by a magnet is usually how these work . You should be able to check the diodes with a meter if it's got a diode setting. The sensitive part is the hall affect which might of popped. Look at CPC for parts .R..S components are good if you want next day but a bit of a premium

I think they are optical rather than Hall-effect. Just an LED and a sensor. Only need to bring three wires out. The advantage of doing it this way is that there is nothing left in the distributor that is likely to break. The Pirana box I used cost about forty quid as far as I remember so I carried a spare (which I never used!)
    Last edited by mylesdw; 27-04-21 at 11:39 PM.
    Cheers

Myles D-W

There is not a lot inside. They have a real mark up on about £5 worth of electronics. I fitted a Pertronix replacing my Mallory dual.points and never missed a beat.
    It looks repairable and good thing is it's not resin potted which is a real surprise.

If I can't get hold of the components I will take a look at those other suggestions, many thanks
    Dax MK4, RV8

Better to try, and fail....than to fail to try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12