ECM 2021 Cancelled

Hi All.

I'll be sending the official newsletter announcement out to the ECC mailing list tomorrow morning, but just a quick heads up to let the UK ECM community know that unfortunately Covid has once again scuppered ECM 2021, having already been postponed from last June.

It's a huge disappointment to everyone, especially the organisers - but it's obviously totally out of their control.

Stay safe guys, and let's hope it's not too long until we all meet again somewhere on the other side of the Channel. I haven't seen the Alps since ECM 2018 in Davos, and I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms...
    Alan

Ex CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep - please contact me if you're interested in taking on the role!
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)

Dax 427 DeDion - now sold
    2003 E85 Z4 3.0i - the new toy!

Hugely disappointing but I am afraid I am not surprised.
    My huge thanks to everyone who has put in a lot of effort over the last two years and have nothing to show for it.

Hope we are more successful in the future.
    Lee
    Chairman UKCC

DAX De Dion, 400 BHP 6.0 LS2, French Racing Blue
    GD427 mk3, 325BHP 5.0 RV8, Blue - SOLD

Hoping it's 3rd time lucky in 2022, Davos was excellent so we were really looking forward to similar scenery. I'll be "making do" with the NC500 instead at the end of May but I get the feeling so will everyone else. A mate of mine told me to prepare to spend a lot of time in a passing bay....
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

I hope the weather improves soon otherwise you may need snow chains for the cobra 🥶

Read a report on NC500 Facebook page where at present, someone is stating every other vehicle is a motorhome. We leave two weeks today to do the NC500 so praying this bad weather will be gone before we travel. Brave man going in your Cobra Dave. We have bottled out and Tin Tops it is!
    Charlie
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter29 View Post
    Hoping it's 3rd time lucky in 2022, Davos was excellent so we were really looking forward to similar scenery. I'll be "making do" with the NC500 instead at the end of May but I get the feeling so will everyone else. A mate of mine told me to prepare to spend a lot of time in a passing bay....
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Would love to do the NC500 so would be very interested to read your opinions - a friend of mine did it a couple of years ago, but he went with the "Supercar Group" as we call it; he has the peasant car of the group .. a 2004 Gallardo, the rest of them rock up in whatever brand-new Ferrari they've just bought. He travels in different circles.. anyway, point being, I suspect their recommendations on hotels might be in a different budgetary league than where I'd look to be staying, so running reports/costings/recommendations would be good.

The NC500 is one of our honeymoon ideas for next year .. that or drive the length of the PCH..
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

I’d be going for the PCH - better weather ! And maybe more special ? As part of our honeymoon Kay and I hired a Mustang convertible from LA airport and drove it to Vegas is the canyon and Route 66. Probably less crowded than the NC500 too.

I’ll start another thread about NC500, I’ve gone off-topic with this one.
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

I do love the idea of PCH - we did Route 66 back in 2016 (also in a convertible Mustang) which was a fantastic trip from LA to Chicago - it is expensive, but then none of our honeymoon ideas are particularly cheap!
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

I have done the PCH. For much of the drive we could not see more than 1/4 mile due to the fog coming in from the ocean. The bit we did see was nice though.