Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris1 View Post
    I wouldn't get too worried about it, but if you are, it doesn't take much effort
    to sort it.
    I've just done mine on my SR cobra, you don't need heavy gauge wire to carry
    out the work as there is no high current involved with static electricity.
    What I would add, as you have mentioned the fuel sender unit earthing,
    mine is insulated earth return so would have no effect on the metal fuel tank earth .
    As a guess I would think most are insulated earth return and not the normal standard
    earth return units.
    I have had my cob for over twenty years as well, so this thread has prompted me to
    do it !
    Thanks to all those who have bought this to my attention.
    Chris.

That's a good point, I've always had a cable from my filler to the tank, although I don't fully understand this it said to do it in the build notes and who am I to argue. The tank would have originally been grounded (to the car) via the sender, no dedicated ground.
    I realised recently that since I've changed my gauge sender I don't have this ground so have now added a ground line from the loom to the tank.

Apologies if it’s already been quoted in a previous post but on my DAX I fitted a slightly larger fuel tank not the DAX one so had new brackets made, but the filler neck I had made and put swaged 10 mm fitting for a breather hose high up. I then put an extra good quality 51mm clamp on the filler neck and made a small earth strap from neck to chassis, passed IVA and also no gear knob markings, good luck.
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy

No offense to the op but have you actually read the iva manual? All answers to your questions are in there.

Quote Originally Posted by tonym View Post
    No offense to the op but have you actually read the iva manual? All answers to your questions are in there.
    err... war and peace? and certainly can be open to interpretation.

Failed IVA today, didn't even question the earth for fuel filler or tank, but with full tank of fuel strong smell of petrol in boot?

No leaks and it was determined the breather was not going to outside of vehicle, so simple fix.

I need to sort out IVA compliant mirrors as the nice looking, but crap bullet style ones fitted give very poor rear viewing.. any ideas as if fitted to windscreen frame must be permanent (not clamped) and fold in if knocked.

I need to remove fuel tank and make up a box frame with triangulated support for top seat belt mountings as they are bolted into a sort of T frame, not good enough in an accident.

All in a pretty good first attempt with a handful of fails, they reckon to fail about 99% on first test btw.

Lucky with exhaust which thought would fail, limit is 99.9db and mine was 99.5db

They have very little in way of bookings at the moment, at one time had 4 of them around car ... but they were decent blokes and helpful.

Sounds like a good outcome.
    I thought they were OK with Pilgrim seat belt fixings at Gillingham, but hey ho.
    Quote p.67?
    https://www.pilgrim-motorsports.co.u...l-merged-1.pdf
    You have the same issue/set-up as Hawks do, as the tank is in the way.
    Have a look here for some ideas... https://cobra289fia.com/2015/12/20/s...-mounting-kit/
    You need to add pillar mounted mirrors that fold back - plenty of pics of these available on the web, and can be purchased from Europa and other suppliers.
    Last edited by KevinW; Today at 09:27 PM.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123