Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Congratulations - time to get the reg docs off and on the road in a few weeks!
    It will be interesting what comes out as a result of this issue.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    Just seen another guy on the Pilgrim Sumo f/b page had the same problem at Gillingham.
    His solution was a forward bracing arrangement in the cockpit.
    They showed me photos of this and it has been done by fixing a triangulated support structure onto the central tunnel between seats.

I think it obviously will work as they passed it, but don't think it would be as strong as my system mounting onto rear chassis.

They also said he is going to box his structure in, so this would be between seats ... not sure how that would look? Where as my system is hidden in boot behind fuel tank.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    Congratulations - time to get the reg docs off and on the road in a few weeks!
    It will be interesting what comes out as a result of this issue.
    Yes trying to find out exactly what I need to get car registered, tester not very helpful on this and said information on Gov DVLA website, still looking.

I actually have a letter dated 19/07/2017 from DVLA to previous owner advising him they need
    1) IVA certificate.
    2) Licence fee.
    3) Completed V55/5 form

But I do not know licence fee and suspect things have changed since 2017?

There is a related thread on here all about registration.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Congratulations!

How much for you to make me one then!?!! Do you have any photos/drawings of yours? I'd rather catch this issue before my body goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboFreak View Post
    Passed IVA yesterday

The examiners are concerned with Pilgrim Motorsports basic seat belt support bracket as it's only fibreglass that holds it into bulkhead of the bodyshell, they are not convinced this is strong enough to hold in 30mph stress test.

They also said if the Pigrim stress test was a TUV test carried out in Germany (which I believe it was) then it would not/should not be recognised at UK IVA tests.

They were very impressed with the triangulated support I fixed into position and bolted to rear chassis either side of petrol tank, they took my photos and their own of this and will use it in there on-going 'discussion' with Pilgrim as they believe this is what they should be fitting into the Cobra Sumo.
    Thanks,

Grumbleweed

If you're not meant to eat animals, how come they're made of meat!?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbleweed View Post
    Congratulations!

How much for you to make me one then!?!! Do you have any photos/drawings of yours? I'd rather catch this issue before my body goes on.
    Certainly worth doing when body is off, because of width I had to make mine in sections which were put in place and bolted to the drilled/welded nuts on rear of framework, but it could simply be made as one welded unit positioned when bodyshell lowered onto chassis.

Then drill hole through existing Pilgrim frame and bulkhead as shown in red (see photos) and bolt through. Then bolt through rear chassis, again as shown in red.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234