Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Jaguar Shadow Grey (old version) not the 2007 shade.
    Pictures on my blog.....

http://tommysak427.blogspot.com/?m=1

Also don’t be going and getting all excited and erected over a colour that is matched with a Ferrari or a Bently, if its bragging and cock swinging you want about the “cost” of paint then look for something metallic off a Nissan or Toyota. They tend to use Xirallic paint which is seriously expensive because of the alloy oxide in it which comes from Japan.

I work for a company and we mix paint off various schemes, Mipa, General, Kapci etc... and the look on someones face when we mix a 1/4 of xirallic paint for a clapped out Nissan Micra which is ten times the price of a Ferrari red!!

Please don't do anything daft like Nardo grey as i’ll mimic what has been said about it looking like a primer finish. Get your bum down your local automotive paint supplier (not halfords) and look at some colour chips. If you know who is painting your car speak to them and ask what scheme they usually use and who supplies then go looking at all the colour chips...... chose one “you” like.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy-boy View Post
    Please don't do anything daft like Nardo grey
    Oh ...

This was my list of 'colours I was pondering' (sorry OP to hijack!)

Smart Ice Shine Blue - CE1L (Smart code ECI)
    Citroen DS3 Metallic Blue - KGW
    Skoda Citigo Kiwi Green - LG6D or A6A6
    Lamborghini Grigio Telesto - 0098
    Audi Nardo Grey - LY7C/T3
    Porsche Lime Green - 137 (73-77)(MY73-77)
    MINI Emerald Green - C1C
    MINI Moonwalk Grey - B71/WB71
    VW Blackberry Metallic - C0C0/LL4U
    Dodge Sublime
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    Oh ...

This was my list of 'colours I was pondering' (sorry OP to hijack!)

Smart Ice Shine Blue - CE1L (Smart code ECI)
    Citroen DS3 Metallic Blue - KGW
    Skoda Citigo Kiwi Green - LG6D or A6A6
    Lamborghini Grigio Telesto - 0098
    Audi Nardo Grey - LY7C/T3
    Porsche Lime Green - 137 (73-77)(MY73-77)
    MINI Emerald Green - C1C
    MINI Moonwalk Grey - B71/WB71
    VW Blackberry Metallic - C0C0/LL4U
    Dodge Sublime
    Have whatever colour makes “you” happy!! Its your car building for yourself.... balls to anyone else’s opinion!! Haha

Opinions are like bum holes..... everyone has one, they all stink, and they are all very slightly different.......

.....apart from mine. Mine is the same as everyone else's. Hahaha

That last post made me laugh.
    Many, many years ago, when I first built my car, I took it to Aldridge Trimming in Wolverhampton for a quote on trimming. ‘What colour are you going to paint it? The guy asked. No idea I said. He replied ‘my brother paints cars, he’ll do it, he did a Jenson in a lovely green colour last week, would look nice on this’. OK I said and they painted and trimmed it. I had not seen the colour and to this day have no idea what it is called!!!! First time I saw it was when I picked the car up. Luckily I loved it!

Wow, there are some special colours on that list..
    Whilst building my car I’ve had several people walk past and tell me how much they like the colour... It’s grey gel coat.. Maybe it’s an age thing.. and Airfix grey looks the bollocks..

Quote Originally Posted by tommy-boy View Post
    Also don’t be going and getting all excited and erected over a colour that is matched with a Ferrari or a Bently, if its bragging and cock swinging you want about the “cost” of paint then look for something metallic off a Nissan or Toyota. They tend to use Xirallic paint which is seriously expensive because of the alloy oxide in it which comes from Japan.

I work for a company and we mix paint off various schemes, Mipa, General, Kapci etc... and the look on someones face when we mix a 1/4 of xirallic paint for a clapped out Nissan Micra which is ten times the price of a Ferrari red!!

Please don't do anything daft like Nardo grey as i’ll mimic what has been said about it looking like a primer finish. Get your bum down your local automotive paint supplier (not halfords) and look at some colour chips. If you know who is painting your car speak to them and ask what scheme they usually use and who supplies then go looking at all the colour chips...... chose one “you” like.
    Hi Tommy,

Don’t worry I won’t get erected by Bentley’s I work for them. It was the paint shop who suggested the Ferrari colour after seeing a pic of your car. I’m after a similar look but different.. if you know what I mean... Both me and the missus loved the grey look after seeing a few at Stoneleigh. I did want to go burnt orange and black but that was quickly vetoed... She did buy me the kit for my 50th so I couldn’t really argue.....

Know exactly what you mean... different but the same! Lol

My paint code was “LMR” Shadow grey. Which can look really green in some light and a deep tan/brown effect in direct light. (Hard to explain)

I always liked the land rover colour Stornoway Grey “LRC907” the only thing that put me off was that there would be hundreds of gammy range rovers all painted the same colour. I went with the jag colour as my running gear was all jag so it was a doff of the cap to Jag i suppose.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123