Rover 4.6 V8 sump depth

I have fitted a Rover 4.6 V8 engine to my AK Gen 1 .
    It is in and working and awaiting IVA soon.

My question is about the ground clearance. I think it will pass IVA if I screw up the shocks enough. But I don't think this is the best solution.
    The sump cover has a very deep oil pick up pot and it sticks out below the chassis quite a way.

I cannot raise the engine any. It only just fits under the bonnet and that is with a mod to the air intake pipe work.

I know that the oil pick up fits inside the pick up pot and would have to be part of any modifications. Along with the dip stick.

Is this a problem for which there is a kit of parts to solve it.

A dry sump kit is available and would probably solve the problem but is a bit drastic. I am not going to race this car.

A couple of inches would do the trick.

All suggestions gratefully accepted.

sceptic

I think even if you change the sump, the gearbox bell housing will hit as it's level with the standard sump on a 3.5.

Most people have fitted a front cover, oil pick up pipe and sump from an earlier car to a 4.6 RV8 block, so have solved the problem that way, but typically have used a distributor.. The standard sump from a 3.5 is roughly level with the bell housing, so should be good enough. If I recall correctly, the front cover is slightly different on the later engines with a serpentine belt, so I'm not sure if the earlier sump and pick up pipe from a 3.5 will work; I suspect not. Do you have a serpentine front cover? How much lower than the bell housing is your current sump? My impression was that the standard aluminium 4.6 sump was only about an inch lower than the bell housing, but I don't know for sure.
    --
    Richard
    GD Mk3 LS6

I am running a 4.6l with a 3.5l sump. However, the bell housing is still lower than the sump. I have had no trouble with ground clearance and the road I live on has speed bumps and I can go over these with no problem.
    Rob

AK Gen I - 4.6l Rover V8, Stage III heads, MC1 cam
    On the road March 2019

I did a bit of double checking, and I think a 3.5 sump, pick up pipe and dip stick will all just fit onto an otherwise standard 4.6 RV8.
    Swapping to 3.5 parts should solve your problem.
    --
    Richard
    GD Mk3 LS6

Thank you all for your replies.
    I will look into the possibilities of the 3.5 sump cover and associated bits and pieces.

sceptic

I thought the 4.6 engines (or anything with the crank rather than distributor driven oil pump) has a different front end to the bolt pattern on the sump (the bit the bolts into the front cover) in which case as 3.5 sump would need a change of front cover.
    I'm not sure of this, not an area I've worked in, just something I seem to recall from when I considered swapping to a 4.6 so don't take as gospel but worth checking.